Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting a bit fed up with 'reverse sexism' on the media (well the BBC actually)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
its almost as boring as the feminist idiots that claim there is a rape culture at universities.
not quite as dull though as the feminist morons that bang on about cissgendered neoliberal white heteronormative nonbinary patriarchal imperialists ....desperate twits in need of nothing more than a good dicking.......possibly in a safe space.

Oh I suppose when you put it like that, clearly there's no problem with women being sexually assaulted. They must be imagining it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I played football at school, and for a few clubs over about twenty years after that. I played for the county, for the South East.
Come on love, we're talking proper football here, not girlies playing chase. We like having you on the forum for a bit of titillation, but it tends to get a bit awkward when you comment on the football.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's just payback for centuries of female oppression, I say suck it up. I'd rather have our status quo than what goes on in middle eastern countries. If it happens to you, and you don't like it, tell 'em to **** off. Problem solved.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you seem a bit all over the shop here chap.

I can only talk with what i know but a female member of my immediate family(thats all im revealing) is a regular on TV and radio doing exactly what you dont like as mentioned above.
She regularly is placed or commissioned to talk about some sports that are deemed to be male dominated.She has over the years studied her balls off to be as completely informed about the sport she is covering,her knowledge is encyclopedic when she does an interview.
Right, so she was a man to start with?

You really can understand the game in question if you are a woman even if you havnt played.
I don't think it matters if your a man or woman, but I do think it helps if you've played a bit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting. Do people not just say 'man flu' when guys are just down with a heavy cold though, rather than actually having the flu? Everyone's pretty affected by actual flu.

Yes, in fact I'm sure I read the opposite to what that article says. Men have a stronger immune response (and probably a lower pain threshold too) which is why it feels worse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting. Do people not just say 'man flu' when guys are just down with a heavy cold though, rather than actually having the flu? Everyone's pretty affected by actual flu.

People don't like to call into work saying they have a heavy cold as it sounds weak. The truth is that some colds are quite nasty and make you feel quite ill, but aren't actually flu. It does sound more plausible to take time off work with flu.
Real flu is really debilitating for both sexes, although either gender may recover more quickly from it. I had Asian flu in 1968 and was out for the count for three days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was once unfortunate enough to see 5 mins of Loose Women
Was that 1 minute a day over the course of a week, or did you do 5 minutes straight :eek:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh I suppose when you put it like that, clearly there's no problem with women being sexually assaulted. They must be imagining it.

They definitely are imagining the level of it on US campuses , their feminist cancer fake rapist culture cult is creeping in over here, so expect them to start fake imagining it over here soon as well......if they havnt already started.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My bad. Studying her balls off must have been a figure of speech.

to be fair i dont think ive seen her birth certificate......its entirely possible she did this......i wouldnt want to gender typify her on this information alone.
after all gender is a social construct apparently

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
You'd have to have a pretty fragile sense of masculinity if you are at all bothered by 'reverse' sexism.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You'd have to have a pretty fragile sense of masculinity if you are at all bothered by 'reverse' sexism.

exactly, everyone knows women bothered by reverse sexism have a fragile sense of femininity.

stands to reason the gender opposite must be true also, for equality sake

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Well, there's an exception to every rule. But it doesn't change the indisputable fact that many many more men than women are interested in the game of football and many many more men than women have played the game. Therefore it makes sense for the vast majority of presenters/interviewers to be male. And in fact I have difficulty taking a woman presenter/interviewer seriously as they clearly do not have the same level of involvement and interest in the game.

I think you're fishing.

If not, I think this says a lot more about you than it does about female sports journalists. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously, but I think you're on the wrong side of history with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A lot of men don't do us any favours. Playing computer games, riding around on skateboards, getting excited about Star Wars films. Go into some 30 something parents living room and it's hard to tell what bits belong to the kid and what belongs to the Dad. Grow up.

Having said that women can be dicks too.

What else is on this list of approved things that adult males are allowed to enjoy? Because apparently I have to stop liking all the things I like.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A lot of men don't do us any favours. Playing computer games, riding around on skateboards, getting excited about Star Wars films. Go into some 30 something parents living room and it's hard to tell what bits belong to the kid and what belongs to the Dad. Grow up.

Having said that women can be dicks too.

Is this tongue in cheek or just thoroughly miserable?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is this tongue in cheek or just thoroughly miserable?

It's pretty tongue in cheek. However I do think we are the generation that never grew up. I see so many men that can't repair anything, don't know what to do with a garden, get excited about cosplaying at halloween. I dunno, yeah maybe I am a grump, I just don't think my generation of males do themselves many favours.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's pretty tongue in cheek. However I do think we are the generation that never grew up. I see so many men that can't repair anything, don't know what to do with a garden, get excited about cosplaying at halloween. I dunno, yeah maybe I am a grump, I just don't think my generation of males do themselves many favours.

I see your point but at the same time, if someone genuinely enjoys something why shouldn't they indulge a little (hipsters do not count here, sod them and their stupid cereal shops)?

We only live the once after all, no-one wants to be on their deathbed regretting the time they didn't wear the functional Iron Man costume to a Halloween party.

Many favours in what regard? In the eyes of the 'old people'? Hasn't it always been the case that all generations assume the younger ones are useless/spoilt in some way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here