Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you believe the Earth is flat?

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

• Yes, I firmly believe the Earth is flat

Votes: 30 11.1%
  • I'm unsure, but the Earth could be flat

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • I believe The Earth is absolutely NOT flat

Votes: 229 84.5%

• Total voters

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
NASA patrols the ice
wall.
Australia is a hoax.
The flat earth accelerates upwards giving the effect of gravity,
Round earth pictures are CGI or fish eye lens.

This stuffs real clever.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
NASA patrols the ice
wall.
Australia is a hoax.
The flat earth accelerates upwards giving the effect of gravity,
Round earth pictures are CGI or fish eye lens.

This stuffs real clever.

Apparently Neil Armstrong was not an astronaut, he was a brilliant actor.
If anyone can find last weeks Jeremy Vine when this was discussed it really was very entertaining.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently Neil Armstrong was not an astronaut, he was a brilliant actor.
If anyone can find last weeks Jeremy Vine when this was discussed it really was very entertaining.

2306283605_d8cd26d7cb.jpg

:moo:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

So they don't believe in Gravity?

Do they believe the other planets are flat as well?

and what on earth is a Globetard? I thought flat earth's didn't believe the planet was a globe so I'm assuming Globetard is in reference to people who believe/know the world isn't flat?

Either way, what's with the unnecessary insults?. You're a massive tinfoil hatter yourself so why are you laying into fellow loony boons? A very cowardly way of redeeming yourself from your awful reputation on here. Joining in with the mobbing when it's you who usually gets mobbed just shows how weak you really are.

My thoughts go out to you.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's what I call the "democracy of opinion" and it's what the internet has given us.

It is mostly positive. You think are alone in the world with your problems etc.. but have found hundreds more people who have empathy. That's great.

The downside is that you can now believe in any old horseshit and you WILL find someone who will agree.

That's why a few completely handstand nut-jobs on here keep going. They swallow the criticism and simply log onto another forum to chitty chat with the loony friends.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So they don't believe in Gravity?

Do they believe the other planets are flat as well?

and what on earth is a Globetard? I thought flat earth's didn't believe the planet was a globe so I'm assuming Globetard is in reference to people who believe/know the world isn't flat?

Either way, what's with the unnecessary insults?. You're a massive tinfoil hatter yourself so why are you laying into fellow loony boons? A very cowardly way of redeeming yourself from your awful reputation on here. Joining in with the mobbing when it's you who usually gets mobbed just shows how weak you really are.

My thoughts go out to you.

I was being sarcastic, wasn't trying to be rude. But I can be rude without trying apparently.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But do they really believe that the world is flat, because it just isn't with 100% undeniable proof that it isn't.
So that makes me wonder why people say that it is and what is wrong with them.
There are some theories that have not been proven which people believe and that is fair enough, but they must really know that the world is not flat so why say that it is, what is going on in their swede.
I worry for these people and in a way they frighten me because some people are totally sucked in when told a total load of crap, not only believing it but giving the most insane reasons.
But I also agree with others that apart from making themselves look total fruit cakes, they are doing no harm.

The same is said about people with religion. I disagree. Once you accept it as OK to structure your life around demonstrable but 'benign' falsehood, it makes it legitimate to give credence to anything. If homeopathy and catholicism are OK, why not witchcraft? Who is to say what is benign? For me the line is promotion. There are jehova witnsses permanently stationed outside the hospital where I work, pedalling lies to the vulnerable. Just so they can book a seat on the spaceship to heaven. They don't work. Yet they are sponging off me via social security. Bottom line, flat earthers can believe what they want, but not to justify not working, scrounging off the dole, and pedalling their lies unchalleneged to the foolish and gullable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Your arguments are all over the place. No-one has said that flat earthers are a threat to humanity, no-one is saying that they are to be mocked exclusively, no-one is scapegoating them for anything (do you understand the meaning of the word scapegoat because it looks very likely that you don't?), no-one is preventing you from holding simultaneous views on flat-earthers and nuclear weapons and frankly it's a bizarre comparison to make. It's yet another straw man argument.

As regards that 2nd para of yours, nuclear proliferation has been mocked for decades. There's also a huge contradiction there. You need to make your mind up... would a nuclear war wipe out humanity or would it pave the way for a bunch of nutcase psychopaths to rule the world? And how exactly would a nuclear war give power to nutcase psychopaths that they didn't already possess?

There's also the question of why you think that the way to oppose something you regard as extremely dangerous should be the same approach as something you consider ridiculous but benign.

Yours

Confused of Brighton.
I ruddy love Buzzer when he's in the mood to destroy a known tiresome NSC tin foil hatter. :bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was being sarcastic, wasn't trying to be rude. But I can be rude without trying apparently.
Whatever you are, you're splendid entertainment on here loonster, so please don't go anywhere. x

At the moment I'm particularly enjoying your constant calling out of THPP on the Naps thread despite him being in the top 2 or 3 for the past two seasons and you being absolutely shithouse at napping. [emoji38]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was surprised to learn on the Fred, Sav and the Ping Pong Guy podcast that Freddie Flintoff is a flat-earther. And no, he didn’t seem to be on a wind-up either. His question was this. If he stood at the “top” of the world and drilled a hole all the way through the planet and out of the other side, then climbed down into the hole on a ladder aaalll the way through to the other side (ignoring the fact you’d be incinerated by molten lava well before you got anywhere near the core), then what way round would you emerge through the hole at the other end – feet first, or head first ? At what point do you stop climbing down, and start climbing up ?

Hang on. I’ve confused myself now.

In the middle.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They must have a list of all the possible questions so that they can reply with a stupid answer, if you asked a flat earther that question they would probably all give the same reply.
I wonder what they think when they see pictures from the space station, something readily available.

I read the other day that some of them don't believe Australia exists.

Which is probably why you can't ready this post.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the Trump era of alternative facts anything goes

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
As well as Freddie Flintoff another 'famous' flat-earther is David 'Avocado' Wolfe (one of the developers of the Nutri-bullet, you may have seen him on the infomercials.)
Amongst his other believes are gravity is a hoax, solar power is not a renewable energy source, solar panels are draining the sun you see. And obviously vaccines cause autism. Oh and mushrooms are intelligent aren't from earth and are trying to levitate to the sun. Of course. Mad as a bike.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Seriously though, why don't they zoom in from the ISS and show us planes flying upside down? I want to see that.

You can't.... flat or not.

There is an experiment you can do with small children to gauge when they first develop an understanding of *relative* position. You have a diorama of a landscape with various landmarks. You stand child at one side and place teddy bear/doll/action man somewhere else around the outside. Then ask the child to describe what teddy/dolly/action man can see.

Until they grasp the concept of *relative* position, they will always describe teddy's view in terms of what they themselves see, so the water is in front of the house which is in front of the mountain, or whatever.
Once their brains have developed enough, they will be able to mentally move the picture they see with their eyes to reflect a different perspective and be able to describe the layout as if they were in a different position, so the water is next to the house which is next to the mountains.

This is a key milestone in our mental development and one that the flat-earth guy (who said this) still hasn't reached.

These people are not presenting an 'alternative' point of view based on evidence, they are highlighting they have a degree of mental retardation and should not humoured, but be helped as we would anyone else who had failed to develop a basic mental function.

All that said... comprehending Space in something other than simple, Cartesian 3-dimensions is required [or at least helpful] to explain many observed aspects of the universe... black holes, the big bang and expansion theory, so perhaps the simplistic view of Earth being a sphere is as incorrect as Earth being a disc and that (some of) these guys are on to something, just lack the language to discuss it coherently because the rest of us have failed to develop mentally to see things from Teddy's non-Cartesian perspective the way they have!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here