Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Buy to Let Mortgages

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pathetic :D

As long as you pay the bill every month, they couldn't care less.

Is mortgage fraud a thing? In that case I'd like to point out that my dog has been using my PC for the last couple of days, I hope she hasn't said anything silly.

Yes, yes, you all thought my dog had been posting using my account for years etc.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...nders-crack-down-on-accidental-landlords.html

“Mortgage lenders are launching a tough new crackdown on thousands of so-called "accidental landlords" who let out their own homes without notifying their bank.”

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This report on a 'new crackdown' is 5 years old.

Triggaaar was not talking about renting out his home.

I appreciate it’s from 5 years ago but I think the point still stands. In my reply to the aggressive [MENTION=4790]cjd[/MENTION] I posted a link to a more recent article which also mentions how lenders get info from local authority landlord licenses.

Point taken about @Trigaaars situation though.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Millions of new homes are required, both private and affordables through social landlords. Rent controls, credit controls, etc won't solve the underlying issues. There are huge numbers living with their parents or in friends homes in the 20's and 30's, or in B&B's on housing support, desparate to have a true home of their own. Nimby councils and residents have brought the entire system almost to a halt. From land becoming available to people moving in, which so many planning hurdles and legal issues, takes many years.

In the UK people seem keen to get away from their parents ASAP.Abroad,Italy/Spain for example they tend to stay with their parents for longer.

The new BTL regs which are meant to discourage landlords from adding to their portfolio with a view to I assume forcing house prices to drop seems to have been a waste of time from what I've read. It would take a massive for people on an average wage to be able to afford to buy property.Maybe a 50/60% drop.
That won't happen so why is the goverment even bothering with these token gestures.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes why not? With the cost of a house now 40/45 year mortgage may be another way to go.

I have a 40 year mortgage over here, fixed for the first 10 years.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That won't happen so why is the goverment even bothering with these token gestures.

It's not actually a token gesture at all. It's very clever.

Dressed up as an attempt to lower house prices and help first time buyers it's actually the opposite. The policy either increases tax take from middle earners or forces them out of the market so more properties get into the hands of the rich who already have their portfolios in a Ltd company.

This will mean the big boys will have greater control over rent levels and be able to screw tenants more and keep house prices as inflated as possible.

It's a Tory policy. Actually it's one of the most Tory policies ever. Clever shit.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Has anyone tried eis as a way to avoid capital gains tax when selling second property?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's not actually a token gesture at all. It's very clever.

Dressed up as an attempt to lower house prices and help first time buyers it's actually the opposite. The policy either increases tax take from middle earners or forces them out of the market so more properties get into the hands of the rich who already have their portfolios in a Ltd company.

This will mean the big boys will have greater control over rent levels and be able to screw tenants more and keep house prices as inflated as possible.

It's a Tory policy. Actually it's one of the most Tory policies ever. Clever shit.

I actually wonder If it was a genuine and fairly noble attempt to free up more housing . But the end results is exactly as you say

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I actually wonder If it was a genuine and fairly noble attempt to free up more housing . But the end results is exactly as you say
Genuine? Noble? *spits beer over table*

Have you missed the bit where the people in charge are a bunch of complete and utter *****? [emoji23]

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What a pointless reply to a sensible post... Correction: Such as the Queen... Happy?

Jeez, lighten up. For the record, I enjoyed your detailed and well put together post. One of many informed posts on this thread.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
If there were more good alternative options to investing money into other areas then not so many people would invest in property.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Genuine? Noble? *spits beer over table*

Have you missed the bit where the people in charge are a bunch of complete and utter *****? [emoji23]

Ignore me. A little part of me believes unicorns are real too .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If there were more good alternative options to investing money into other areas then not so many people would invest in property.

It’s a tough time for savers. Undoubtably property remains a decent long term bet though .
You’ve had enough advice though renegade. Are you going to do it or not ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here