Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is currently Brighton's best player?

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
So hard to choose now Elvis has gone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps not the best for flair etc but the most influential player for me is Dale Stephens,. The best for showmanship and excitement has to be AK with March pushing him closely.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As per the consensus, Dunk, Stephens and Knockaert are a different level from the rest.

Dunk probably the best of the lot.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Based on last season, you'd have to say it would be between Dunk, Stephens and Knockaert. Dunk was probably the most consistent, Stephens the most influential, and Knockaert on his day can win a match for you.

I have a hunch that both Gross and Ryan could be quality signings, I guess time will tell!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dunk's definitely our best all round player and a natural fit in the Premier League. Stephens a very close second in this regard (yes [MENTION=21711]Albionroar[/MENTION] , you win)

Bruno is the best technically - some of his ball control is unreal - and very, VERY fit for his age but does get caught out defending sometimes which is unfortunate for a right back.

Knockaert is unplayable on his day but it has to be his day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dunk
His all round play is a different class one good season and we will struggle to keep him

Hard not to be biased, but I genuinely think he has a better all-round game than Harry Maguire (age 24, just sold for £17m), Ben Gibson (age 24, £20m offer rejected) and Michael Keane (age 24, just sold for £30m).

The (huge) difference between Dunk and those three of course, is that they've each completed one season in the Prem, with their reputations intact. If Dunk has even a REASONABLE season, he'll move next summer for over £20m.

I fully expect him to shine.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
1, Dunk
2, Knockaert
3, Stephens

That said, it's difficult to place the following: Bruno (will his lack of pace be exposed in the PL?); Gross (broadly unknown); March (needs extended period of playing to prove just how good he is)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hard not to be biased, but I genuinely think he has a better all-round game than Harry Maguire (age 24, just sold for £17m), Ben Gibson (age 24, £20m offer rejected) and Michael Keane (age 24, just sold for £30m).

The (huge) difference between Dunk and those three of course, is that they've each completed one season in the Prem, with their reputations intact. If Dunk has even a REASONABLE season, he'll move next summer for over £20m.

I fully expect him to shine.

Depends what league we're in. It'll be reduced if we go down but based on the ridiculous market and the fact he is English, his value is comfortably 25-30M.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends what league we're in. It'll be reduced if we go down but based on the ridiculous market and the fact he is English, his value is comfortably 25-30M.

It does a bit, in terms of negotiating (suitors will feel he's more likely to force a move if we go down), but Boro and Hull both dropped and it didn't affect Maguire / Gibson's valuations that much.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Murray, Dunk, Stephens and Knocky.

Can't remember the last time Dunk had a bad game. Stephens is very consistent and Murray is very effective.

Knocky is good and would be in a top team if he played well more often.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Murray, Dunk, Stephens and Knocky.

Can't remember the last time Dunk had a bad game. Stephens is very consistent and Murray is very effective.

Knocky is good and would be in a top team if he played well more often.

Murray is also a very talented and intelligent footballer, and the best forward I can remember at the club. Loved his game in the Withdean years and now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here