Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glasses

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
This is me also. I can't get the nerve to have laser surgery and been told it only lasts for a limited period of time?

It's not that it only lasts for a limited period of time. As you get older your focussing muscles lose their elasticity and people with normal vision often (usually) need reading glasses. After laser surgery to correct your vision the same change occurs, so your distance vision will be fine but you will probably need reading glasses once you are into your fifties or sixties. A way round this is to have one eye corrected to be slightly short-sighted. Then you are effectively reading with one eye and distance viewing primarily with the other eye. You lose some quality of vision going down this route because of the inability to focus with both eyes on distant objects.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I may well need glasses though I have been putting it off due to vanity. I told [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] this before the Hudderfield game and got a test look through Al's. My God. It was like I'd had ten pints. My opticians appointment is next Thursday.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Laser eye surgery is also a very good option that I would thoroughly recommend to someone who needs visual correction. As well as the convenience I believe it is also financially beneficial compared to the cumulative costs associated with contact lenses and/or glasses.

Presumably though you might concievably have to get it done again? Every time I go for an eye test my vision has changed slightly (and they change my prescription). So surely after a while the surgery has to be redone?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Presumably though you might concievably have to get it done again? Every time I go for an eye test my vision has changed slightly (and they change my prescription). So surely after a while the surgery has to be redone?

Dont have it done until your eyesight has stabilised. Normally this is by your early to mid twenties.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I may well need glasses though I have been putting it off due to vanity. I told [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] this before the Hudderfield game and got a test look through Al's. My God. It was like I'd had ten pints. My opticians appointment is next Thursday.

Yeah, but you looked good.

Much better.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I used to work with a bloke that cleaned his glasses with methylated spirit, he told me it was also good for getting car windows really clean.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Being a glasses wearing Chef, I have to clean my specs about six or seven times a day, due to grease in the air etc. I found that the nose pieces are not up to it and would break off, meaning I had to replace them every 3-6months. I now have a work pair that have a plastic frame, with no nose bits, i have had them over a year now, and so far they are great.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When cleaning your glasses with your hanky, be careful not to use the bit you have just sneezed into. This can be a bugger to get off and a bit lumpy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I used to work with a bloke that cleaned his glasses with methylated spirit, he told me it was also good for getting car windows really clean.

AND you can finish off what's left with ice and a slice of lemon . . . and soon there is no need to worry about the old eyesight . . .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There was a girl down my local pub who wore glasses that always looked dirty, every Friday night I managed to convince her that the best thing to clean them with was jizz as long as she wearing them when I 'helped her out'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here