Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to restart BISA or something similar?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh but they are. They've written to us all. That's the point. They are treating the 99% of people that have have never luzzed a water bottle - or would consider doing so - with the same tone as the 1%. All the more odd when you consider how well Barber communicates and the work it most probably creates for him.

I've no axe to grind with anyone on this board but I find it odd you've launched this thread to have a pop. [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] views don't often mirror my own - and I think poetry is proper shit - but like it or not he was one who bought the Goldstones plight to the fore and he's earnt the right to question the club more than most of us even if many disagree that it's required. Especially once in a blue moon. No need to get personal. You'd be the first bleating if it was the likes of bushy doing it.

Yet I reference his fantastic legacy and being a well respected member of the Albion family, while you call his life's work proper shit.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ll be writing to Barber telling him I’ll be giving the cup game a miss directly because of his high handed crackdown on fans’ own drinks which a stadium like West Ham’s DO NOT DO. And I’ll wish him the best of luck in filling those 30,000 seats with his new “customers”

A proper protest would be to to publicly state you’ll give tomorrow’s game a miss.

Weak!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I’ll be writing to Barber telling him I’ll be giving the cup game a miss directly because of his high handed crackdown on fans’ own drinks which a stadium like West Ham’s DO NOT DO. And I’ll wish him the best of luck in filling those 30,000 seats with his new “customers”

I'll feel properly embarrassed on your behalf.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

Can you just piss off completely and do us all a favour?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You do realise the top level guy receives his direction from the board & chairman? He isn't just on some made rampage off his own back. He is just doing what Tony Bloom wants him. The blinkered good Bloom / bad Barber views on here are incredible.

What is incredible is that anybody would think the owner of the club is micro-managing it on a daily basis! That isn't what happens.

The day to day management and administration of the business is down to the CEO. Our CEO isn't a football fan and certainly not a BHAFC fan. He wasn't with us during the war years. He wasn't on the marches. He wasn't with us on the demos. He wasn't putting money in the bucket. He doesn't understand football fans and he certainly doesn't understand what it has been like to have supported the club for decades.

It's all about the money. And unless somebody can change his mindset things are only going to get worse and we will have more ridiculous and illogical restraints and restrictions put on us.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I do not think that anything would be achieved with that as the demand now is higher than the supply so PB etc are rightly calling the tune and wouldnt want interfering laymen with no knowledge of business telling him how to do his job. As we have grown we have become customers rather than just supporters , that was inevitable.

Maybe some of those criticisms are coming from individuals who do have knowledge of business? Had you thought about that?

But yes, I agree, at the moment demand outstrips supply so Barber knows he can do anything he likes and if a few of us spit the dummy and walk away he can replace us in a heartbeat. But should things change and we end up getting relegated, possibly more than once, the plastics will melt away and we will struggle to put bums on seats. Then the plan becomes not so cunning after all.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What is incredible is that anybody would think the owner of the club is micro-managing it on a daily basis! That isn't what happens.

The day to day management and administration of the business is down to the CEO. Our CEO isn't a football fan and certainly not a BHAFC fan. He wasn't with us during the war years. He wasn't on the marches. He wasn't with us on the demos. He wasn't putting money in the bucket. He doesn't understand football fans and he certainly doesn't understand what it has been like to have supported the club for decades.

It's all about the money. And unless somebody can change his mindset things are only going to get worse and we will have more ridiculous and illogical restraints and restrictions put on us.

These things always appear illogical, as you say, until the worst happens. yes, it is unlikely, but the Aresenal manager showed us what can happen, however minor and unintentionally. The club has to cover its rear end in the age in which we live, rightly or wrongly. As to your assertion that the CEO knows little about us fans, I think that is most unfair, given his regular responses and attendance at fans' functions. Yes, he was not with us during the war years, but that is true of probably every employee at the club now, players and non-players alike. I don't think even TB did that much at that time. I don't think anyone in our first team was an Albion fan as a child (even the 2 local lads admit to supporting London clubs) so by your logic, they don't really care about us.

Can you just piss off completely and do us all a favour?

Look at all these arse lickers, don’t give a shite about anyone except themselves

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Look at all these arse lickers, don’t give a shite about anyone except themselves

Not really, he's just hoping you'll fck off forever - a hope many of us share. I remember a few years ago when you flounced off NSC threatening never to come here again. For 3 years you could only be found pontificating to the 6 users of a tiny Brighton forum I had never heard of previously. We didn't miss you but sadly you came sloping back on here with your tail between your legs. Could you just fck off again please? Cheers.

Bottle tops, flasks and the cost of 1901 hot drinks aside the real issues run across the whole league ie entrance fees, ko times, players wages and associated costs of attending football. These need to be addressed by strong fan representation probably on a national level. Brighton are a great club and must compete in the current market. The market as a whole needs to change. Good luck with that:rolleyes:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Anyone contending that Barber is ‘not a football fan’ has never met the guy, and has absolutely never sat close to him at a tense Albion game.

Not really, he's just hoping you'll fck off forever - a hope many of us share. I remember a few years ago when you flounced off NSC threatening never to come here again. For 3 years you could only be found pontificating to the 6 users of a tiny Brighton forum I had never heard of previously. We didn't miss you but sadly you came sloping back on here with your tail between your legs. Could you just fck off again please? Cheers.

I’ve no idea who you are and frankly couldn’t care less but I always find it comical you are so obsessed with my life story, keep it up I guess?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
How many match going fans are actually up in arms about any of these minor changes?

My take on the changes are that they are being made for the right reasons, basically H&S to protect us all. Lots of cheap shots are aimed at H&S, mainly from those who are ignorant of the reasons.

Others see the changes as money making initiatives by the greedy capitalists.

Depends who you trust.

I'm probably in the latter camp simply because there are too many holes in H+S logic i.e. they'd ban coins if they're that worried about about H+S. But you're right, probably many of their changes won't affect many fans and ergo they won't be too worried.

Bottle tops, flasks and the cost of 1901 hot drinks aside the real issues run across the whole league ie entrance fees, ko times, players wages and associated costs of attending football. These need to be addressed by strong fan representation probably on a national level. Brighton are a great club and must compete in the current market. The market as a whole needs to change. Good luck with that:rolleyes:

No one said getting some influence for fans is easy but as you say the stakes are important so we should give it a go. Attila comes from a time and a culture where people had some kind of faith in collective action - I don’t think that’s disappeared

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’ve no idea who you are and frankly couldn’t care less but I always find it comical you are so obsessed with my life story, keep it up I guess?
At a guess, I suspect that's because I haven't marked myself out as a self-indulgent, self-important gobshite who pisses everyone off with a near constant air of misplaced superiority, then on being reprimanded by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] decides to announce he's flouncing off for good, only to then come back when he thinks everyone's forgotten about him.

I'm with Brian Munich and Chicken Run - please do fck off and leave the site for good like you originally promised, eh?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Have they REALLY, though? Is anybody's life actually seriously affected by the inability to take a flask of whatever to a game? In the grand scheme of things? That entire issue seemed to me to have turned into a bandwagon to be boarded by those with an agenda, rather than people who were adversely affected.

What other decisions are you counting as "a lot" here? The bottle top thing? Is that it? Do you always bring a bottle of Coke with you? The request not to use racist or homophobic abuse?

Only in football would service-users, stakeholders or whatever you want to refer to yourself as complain about being treated like "customers". For many years football supporters complained bitterly that their clubs treated them like blindly loyal fans, rather than customers. In other service industries, people are desperate to be treated like customers rather than just a faceless source of revenue. Yet we quibble about it. What do we actually want here??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The decision to take away the subsidy from some fans, the bottle tops (which is totally illogical on a H+S basis and is clearly financially driven), the flask decision (which is the same as the bottle top decision), the decision to ban a fan for 5 games for an ill advised tweet, their communication via email which illustrates how we are seen as consumers rather than fans etc.

Look, I just think they're made a lot of decisions in a very short space of time which have illustrated that they don't really care about fans. That's fair enough, as they're a business. But it's very difficult to get excited for all this "together" rubbish when the club clearly don't really value their fans. And there are knock on effects to this. If I am just a consumer in their eyes (which we all are) and there's been a move towards this by our club over the last few seasons, then expectations about the product on offer need to change too - there needs to be a higher standard of product and service on offer and the club should expect a backlash from consumers if they don't deliver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here