Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

D

Deleted member 2719

CH has 25 squad players to manage though and for every 11 that are happy to be picked there are gonna be 14 unhappy not in the starting line up. I think Tony is managed very well at the club. A lot better than he would be at other clubs if he wasn't starting matches

Okay so why do you feel he is always dropped when playing well??? I know there are many that want to play but AK can be unplayable and has done lots to prove he can defend also.
Just feel he deserves more respect at times.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Okay so why do you feel he is always dropped when playing well??? I know there are many that want to play but AK can be unplayable and has done lots to prove he can defend also.
I have no idea. I don't think he is consistent and like today he does bounce back well and turn in better performances when he comes back with something to prove so maybe it's motovational

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Who knows, maybe he ignores instructions, maybe he doesn’t train well, maybe he’s been rude to coaching staff.

Do you think Hughton is sabotaging us ?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
If AK wants to play every week he needs to drop to Championship, drop his salary and hope his new team doesnt get promoted..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't comment on that thread.

However CH is defensive minded and calm, Knocky would like to be attack minded and wild eyed.

Hence chalk and cheese.

Opposites attract.
As we're playing guessing games:-

AK desperate for a 'father figure' working for CH - marriage made in heaven.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who knows, maybe he ignores instructions, maybe he doesn’t train well, maybe he’s been rude to coaching staff.

Do you think Hughton is sabotaging us ?

Of course not, I just feel he does rate him enough. Maybe he will have to move on.

Thunderbolt would say Chris is cutting his nose off to spite his face.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If AK wants to play every week he needs to drop to Championship, drop his salary and hope his new team doesnt get promoted..
Harsh. AK is easily good enough to play in the PL but he just won't do to PL defenders what he did to Championship defenders and he has to get used to no longer being the most eye catching player at the club

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course not, I just feel he does rate him enough. Maybe he will have to move on.

Thunderbolt would say Chris is cutting his nose off to spite his face.

No, I wouldn't. Chris has 25 players to choose from and selects the team to play the way he wants.
That's not the same as blame shifting to cover his own mistake.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Knocky is like a 1970's V12 Ferrari with Carburettors.

Tuned to perfection, it'll be absolutely incredible. It'll make you smile so hard your ears meet in the middle on top of your head and you'll remember that drive for years to come.

However, it quite easily knocks itself out of tune and just isn't the same when it does. It can actually be a bit of a liability. It then needs re-tuning by an expert.

Once re-tuned, we're off again. Treat it with care, drive it mindfully, and it'll be fine...

That's our Knocky. CH is both our Driver, and our Mechanic...

Tuned to perfection, it'll be absolutely incredible. It'll make you smile so hard your ears meet in the middle on top of your head and you'll remember that drive for years to come.

However, it quite easily knocks itself out of tune and just isn't the same when it does. It can actually be a bit of a liability. It then needs re-tuning by an expert.

Once re-tuned, we're off again. Treat it with care, drive it mindfully, and it'll be fine...

...a bit deep for NSC ...:)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
thought some of the other players should have come over to the goal. AK played well, he is who is is and on a good day he adds to our team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
AK seems to have a much wider emotional range (or less emotional maturity) than the rest....he’s the petulant kid of the group, we see it virtually every time he plays so it’s no surprise he’ll be visibly upset at not playing, getting subbed, scoring when brought back in etc. Most of the others will feel the same, but just deal with it more maturely and calmly.

I don’t think it’s anything more than that. When his emotions completely take over, CH probably gives him a bollocking, and might leave him out of the squad for a game until he levels out and the whole cycle starts again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think the match showed how much stronger the squad is

I don't think anyone has pointed out that Bruno also played today. Bruno and Kockaert really complement each other, almost to the point of reading each others minds.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have no idea. I don't think he is consistent and like today he does bounce back well and turn in better performances when he comes back with something to prove so maybe it's motovational

My frustration (this season) has been that when Knockaert has seemed to be playing well, he has either been withdrawn or dropped. A couple of times Solly has appeared to be having a difficult game (Izquierdo as well), yet Knockaert gets withdrawn or left out.

I guess the counter argument as you say, is that he has come back stronger and also Locadia has come into a rich vein of form.

But at least twice this season, if I had been Knockaert I would have asked the reason for my omission.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Nice analogy, although I think mk2 Capri with an automatic choke is probably more accurate ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here