Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Someone who isn’t featuring at the moment who feels like they could maybe be the one to save them or give them a bit of fight? Players like Puncheon and Defoe. If they get both of those in then they will score more goals and pick up points, will it be enough? Who knows? But I think it’s a bit ridiculous that a fair number on here are implying that they’re doomed and gone already.
You are being ridiculous to think they have any sort of chance. They are 1.11 to be relegated on Betfair, which means the market thinks they have a 90% chance of going down. Personally I think that is generous and 1.11 represents good value. They are absolutely dire, they have 2 strikers who don't score, and their best outfield player is a Aaron Mooey who isn't bad, but nevertheless would probably struggle to earn more than 10 Premier League starts all season in our squad.

And your solution to their woes is to sign a near 40 year old striker and a bang average disruptive moron? That's brilliant mate. If you pop over to DATM some time, it'll be minutes before they're all clamouring to bin off Klopp's mate (TM) and have you installed, PDQ.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Look nailed on now.

Need to sign some goals.

As mentioned , they will keep fighting and pull a result or 2 out the bag and things can change.

Been on a similar journey as us since we battled with them in League 1.

Good luck to them, decent club , decent fans

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Rel.JPG

'Udders gawn

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
DATM is in meltdown tonight.

Infighting. Abusing those with opposing opinions. Some being logical. Many finger pointing. A good few looking forward to the more open playing field of the Championship. SussexNomad being a complete sausage of a poster by sticking the knife in and turning it.
Don't be that guy [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You are being ridiculous to think they have any sort of chance. They are 1.11 to be relegated on Betfair, which means the market thinks they have a 90% chance of going down. Personally I think that is generous and 1.11 represents good value.

Yeah, that's better than any high-performing investment. You can get 1/10 so £1,000 now will get a return of £100 in May - that's equivalent to a 30% interest rate.

My dad wasn't one for fatherly advice but he did tell me that I should never bet odds-on. I think it's generally sound advice but he wouldn't have seen how bad Huddersfield are

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Since when have they been known for their attacking football? They went up with a negative goal difference, the first time that's ever happened.
That just means that they weren't that good, not that they weren't attacking. They have played attacking football. Even when we were in the Championship they played attacking football in their cup game against Man City. Reminds me of Blackpool when Worzel got them to the PL. It's fun at first, but eventually other teams work them out and they're in the shit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't be that guy [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION]

Am I being accused of something I'm totally not doing again? If there is a Sussex Nomad on DATM it is absolutely NOT me!! I never go on their message board.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
No side has ever stayed up with 10 points at this stage of the season.

They're doomed.

You are being ridiculous to think they have any sort of chance. They are 1.11 to be relegated on Betfair, which means the market thinks they have a 90% chance of going down. Personally I think that is generous and 1.11 represents good value. They are absolutely dire, they have 2 strikers who don't score, and their best outfield player is a Aaron Mooey who isn't bad, but nevertheless would probably struggle to earn more than 10 Premier League starts all season in our squad.

And your solution to their woes is to sign a near 40 year old striker and a bang average disruptive moron? That's brilliant mate. If you pop over to DATM some time, it'll be minutes before they're all clamouring to bin off Klopp's mate (TM) and have you installed, PDQ.

They’re only 8 points adrift at the bottom, many teams have overcome that points difference. But until it’s mathematically certain then there is a chance for them, albeit it may be very little.

Also, someone asked which sort of players who would like to go there, I gave two examples of players, I didn’t say that they should sign them. No idea why you’re jumping down on me for this, it’s not like either of us support Hudders.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
That just means that they weren't that good, not that they weren't attacking. They have played attacking football. Even when we were in the Championship they played attacking football in their cup game against Man City. Reminds me of Blackpool when Worzel got them to the PL. It's fun at first, but eventually other teams work them out and they're in the shit.

Not only promoted with a negative goal difference but also had the lowest goals scored for in the top 8 that season. They scored 56 compared to Newcastle’s 85 and our 74 and won their play off semi and the final on penalties. They struggled for goals in the championship promotion season and that has continued. They did brilliantly to stay up last season but have stood still this season and as you say, their approach has been found out - as has their one trick pony manager.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They’re only 8 points adrift at the bottom, many teams have overcome that points difference. But until it’s mathematically certain then there is a chance for them, albeit it may be very little.

Also, someone asked which sort of players who would like to go there, I gave two examples of players, I didn’t say that they should sign them. No idea why you’re jumping down on me for this, it’s not like either of us support Hudders.
"Only" 8 points adrift? They have just two points more than that with half a season played! They are gash. Of course there is a small chance of them staying up, and the general consensus is that this small chance amounts to under 10%.

The reason people are jumping down on you is that you said anyone writing them off is being ridiculous, when CLEARLY there is good reason why they are being written off. You also seemed to think they only needed to bring in a couple of players, only to then make two utterly ludicrous suggestions. So actually, you brought it on yourself.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They are down. End of. Had they got nine points from Fulham/Cardiff/Burnley they'd probably still be down as they won't beat anyone else. Now they're 0/6 from two of those games they are down. It's just a matter of time now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Last 8 games:

P8 W0 D0 L8 F5 A15

Including home games v Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley plus Fulham away.

DOWN.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure why so many on here seem to have such distaste for 'Udders. Wagner is a tosspot, but the club is an underdog punching above its weight in the PL (as a great many football fans would describe us), with long suffering fans that have followed the club up and down the divisions. I don't see the need to revel in their misery. There are 3 or 4 other clubs I would quite happily see relegated ahead of them.

That said, would £15-20m land Mooy, come the summer?

I would be happier for almost any other Premier League team to be relegated than Huddesrsfield!

You describe Wagner as a tosspot, l don't think that he is. Any manager is only as good as the team he has to work with unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here