Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Top effort [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] you've done some serious climbing this year!

I'm pleased with my year. Way more running than I've ever done before and I seem be getting faster all the time. I'm sure I can't be too far away from reaching my peak, as I turn 35 next week.

Strava.png

Converting those values:

67km = 42 miles
2471km = 1535 miles
13,551m = 44,458ft

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
That's my last run of the year done this morning - 6k steady recovery run.

Of my four years of running, 2018 has probably been the best in most respects: covered 1451 miles, completed my first marathon in a respectable time for my age (3.51 aged 62 at the time), and got new PBs at half marathon and 10k distance. The only disappointment has been Parkrun where despite numerous efforts, I've not been able to overtake my last PB set in October 2017, and probably won't be moving up the NSC table any time soon (I have been consistently above 70% AGR throughout the year though, so I guess I can be content with that).

Again I've enjoyed reading and occasionally participating in this thread during the year, and appreciate the insights and support it offers, so thanks to all of you for that. It's also been good to start putting faces to a few NSC screen names at various races.

Happy new running year to all.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Look out [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] he's not giving up.Just put this on his facebook page. At least he put his shirt back on.......some of you may know him from ESU.

49104193_822945804707925_1650954771105841152_n.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just spotted I'm on 148 Parkruns after 12 years. Chance for the 150 tomorrow with a Prom and Hove Park double. I'll see how I feel in the morning. :drink::drink::drink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This machine has sent coach a sick note, and not because of a hangover. Have had swelling and pain in right toe joints for a couple of days. Never had arthritis or gout before and don't know if I have it now as New Year is not the time of year to be getting a GP appointment. Won't be running until it's gone though. RICE yesterday and today. Grr.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
This machine has sent coach a sick note, and not because of a hangover. Have had swelling and pain in right toe joints for a couple of days. Never had arthritis or gout before and don't know if I have it now as New Year is not the time of year to be getting a GP appointment. Won't be running until it's gone though. RICE yesterday and today. Grr.

The early curse of 2019. No sooner had I typed my review of 2018 I started to feel a niggle in my groin. Running after my son at Nymans gardens has made it a lot worse.

I think I know the problem. My lower back hasn’t felt right since a long flight home from Seattle. With the alignment out it is now affecting my groin. Could be the first visit to Coral’s AJ (after jesus).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Rotten start to your year. Get well and sorted soon. Ditto @bignuts

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
The early curse of 2019. No sooner had I typed my review of 2018 I started to feel a niggle in my groin. Running after my son at Nymans gardens has made it a lot worse.

I think I know the problem. My lower back hasn’t felt right since a long flight home from Seattle. With the alignment out it is now affecting my groin. Could be the first visit to Coral’s AJ (after jesus).

Hope you get that sorted quickly mate. Let us know what the new Jesus is like. Will be useful info for marathon season. I suspect I need a blood test though so am going to aim for GP.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Sorry to hear that hope the pain is manageable. Good luck to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] as well.
My illness has improved throughout the morning and happy to be last NSC man home in both Parkruns against a very competitive NSC field.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Sorry to hear that hope the pain is manageable. Good luck to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] as well.
My illness has improved throughout the morning and happy to be last NSC man home in both Parkruns against a very competitive NSC field.

It's ok unless I walk :lolol:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Did the double this morning, starting off the year well taking over half a min off my 2018 SB in the first run. Wasn't really sure what do to on the second, so started very easy and then picked up the pace (aim became to complete 10K in under 45mins across them both).
9am - Chipping Sodbury: 20:45 (64.82%)
10:30am - Swindon: ~23:30 TBC

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
787 at Hove Prom today. Incredible turnout.

Amazing turnout. Also incredibly competitive. I staggered to a 23:30 a fairly respectable time and finished 287th! It was so busy that by the time I finished we had to queue for a minute to cross the finish line. Stewards did a great job considering the turnout.

I think Hove Park went on to beat that number. I'll get onto the table later on as we witnessed a PB from a distinguished member this morning.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
That's my last run of the year done this morning - 6k steady recovery run.

Of my four years of running, 2018 has probably been the best in most respects: covered 1451 miles, completed my first marathon in a respectable time for my age (3.51 aged 62 at the time), and got new PBs at half marathon and 10k distance. The only disappointment has been Parkrun where despite numerous efforts, I've not been able to overtake my last PB set in October 2017, and probably won't be moving up the NSC table any time soon (I have been consistently above 70% AGR throughout the year though, so I guess I can be content with that).

Again I've enjoyed reading and occasionally participating in this thread during the year, and appreciate the insights and support it offers, so thanks to all of you for that. It's also been good to start putting faces to a few NSC screen names at various races.

Happy new running year to all.

OK, I may have spoken too soon. As others have noted, it was an amazing turn out for the NYD double today, with nearly 800 on the prom and similar numbers I'd guess at Hove Park.
Despite hangover and a chest cold, I was inspired by [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] who was just in front of me most of the way round the Prom course, and set a punishing pace.

As a result, I've started the New Year with a PB (by the massive margin of two seconds), and an official time of 21:51 (AGR 75.36%). Good to meet [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] too, for the first time, and I look forward to seeing the new table, and watching myself drift inexorably down it during the year.

Hove Park time was a lot slower (not seen the official results yet, but my watch showed 23:26).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Some great 2019 efforts already - well done people. I've currently got nine days left of my self-imposed running ban - I have to say I'm quite enjoying the time off!

Probably the longest stretch I've not run for about 15 years!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here