Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] “Speedy boarders; also known as tossers”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i do easy jet to Toulouse a lot and have travelled to various other destinations with them in the last few years - i just don't get it. why would anyone pay extra to be at the front of a queue, which is all they are getting - oh and an extra bit of hand luggage. mental.

no doubt the OP is a speedy boarder - its the German mentality

Its not about being at the front of the queue though, priority boarding is about not having to bother to queue period. And not having a debate because you have a man-bag and an overnight bag has obvious benefits.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Damn EasyJet!!!

I never book speedy boarding, and even if I check-in my 3 kids in separate seats away from me, the do-gooders still manage to get us seated together. :rant:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Speedy boarding? I’d rather be LAST on the plane, just as long as I can get my bag in the overhead.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i do easy jet to Toulouse a lot and have travelled to various other destinations with them in the last few years - i just don't get it. why would anyone pay extra to be at the front of a queue, which is all they are getting - oh and an extra bit of hand luggage. mental.

Mrs W and I buy speedy boarding. Mrs W is shit scared of flying so the extra few minutes it buys us so I can load the luggage in the overhead lockers and for Mrs W to settle into her seat and let her drugs take effect before takeoff is worth every penny.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'm at Tottenham Hale now, which is depressing enough, but in an hour at Stansted to fly to Santiago de Compostella. I have priority boarding, but don't remember why. A seat near the back of the plane and a hope that myself and 33 other cheapos are lone on this flight thunders through me. A night in a cheap hotel, and in the morning tike I will see Meade Jr. It's been a long 10 days, and I strongly imagine he'll deliver a pointy finger at me, asking for a bells on the bus go ding ding ding.

Enjoy Galicia. Looking to head out to A Coruna next year.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mrs W and I buy speedy boarding. Mrs W is shit scared of flying so the extra few minutes it buys us so I can load the luggage in the overhead lockers and for Mrs W to settle into her seat and let her drugs take effect before takeoff is worth every penny.

You’re married to Mrs W or Mr T? :D

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I never bother with speedy boarding or extra legroom seats; When Mrs H & I travel to our Greek island of choice, we have one suitcase in the hold and carry a small bag each that will fit under the seat in front if the overhead lockers are full.
One thing that is amusing is that in Corfu (and probably other islands) the Speedy boarders get on to the transfer buses first followed by the hoi polloi, who get off and onto the aircraft first.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A comment made as a result of jealousy, probably.

Most 'speedy boarders' are regular and seasoned travellers. Regular and seasoned travellers on the whole no longer enjoy travel. As a result, they usually look miserable and negative.

Miserable and negative looking people never attract positive comments!

That's my take on it.

Hmmm....I've done a fair bit of travel (300 or so flights). I am normally the last to board. What's the point? But I am one of the first to select my seat online......Speedy boarders are like the twats on the commuter trains to London who stand in the doorway five minutes before we arrive so that anyone needing the lavs in an emergency is left in an awkward and frustrating position.

Edit: sorry - just realised this is an 'easyjet' thing. Whooshed!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I never bother with speedy boarding or extra legroom seats; When Mrs H & I travel to our Greek island of choice, we have one suitcase in the hold and carry a small bag each that will fit under the seat in front if the overhead lockers are full.
One thing that is amusing is that in Corfu (and probably other islands) the Speedy boarders get on to the transfer buses first followed by the hoi polloi, who get off and onto the aircraft first.

You can see why the illogic and chaos of the Greeks infuriated the Bundestag.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmmm....I've done a fair bit of travel (300 or so flights). I am normally the last to board. What's the point? But I am one of the first to select my seat online......Speedy boarders are like the twats on the commuter trains to London who stand in the doorway five minutes before we arrive so that anyone needing the lavs in an emergency is left in an awkward and frustrating position.

Edit: sorry - just realised this is an 'easyjet' thing. Whooshed!

Same here. Many flights, usually we’re one of the last on (minimising our time spent crushed in the tin can) and we’ve never had hand luggage put in the hold.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I pay for xtra leg room and get speedy boarding as part of the deal, you sir are a well chronicled lover of all things granite and you know it!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Paying a few quid extra to get speedy boarding on Easyjet to watch suckers have their hand luggage taken from them is one of the great pleasures in life.

Especially when you get to the other end knowing that you're out of the airport while they're still at the luggage carousel.

And even better if, on arrival, you clock one of them realising that their passport is in their confiscated hand luggage. :O :O :O

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Speedy boarding is an advantage on some airlines. I personally don't mind waiting or having to check my luggage. Arrive in good time and there is no point rushing around in airports, desperate to get your seat, your luggage etc. I just slow down, take it easy, it takes as long as it takes. Much less stressful than constantly fretting whether you're gonna be first in line.

Besides with my Irish passport I'll be whizzing through airports while the unwashed masses stand in a 2 hour queue miffed that their new blue passport hasn't got them ahead of all the brown folks. Happy days. :lolol::p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here