Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What is your 1 favourite computer / console game?

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
Forgot one...

Mega CD: Snatcher

Alright if you can find it on the cheap. I sold mine for ~ £50 back in my uni days. A PAL version sells for around £3-400 now.

An early Hideo Kojima game. Blade Runner-esque.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I hated the original on ps. I could never get away from the cops.

I completed the 1st city in the east & the 2nd in the west & half of the 3rd (& final) in the middle (vegas area) - where there was no active map to help = SO hard

Loved it

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Fighting = street fighter 2 championship (although rocky was fun on xbox)
Driving = gran turismo or f1 2000 or supercars on amiga
1st person shoot em up = vietcong on pc or early COD's
Football = FIFA or sensible soccer or player manager & championship manager

boik

Haven't played any games since my Atari Jaguar got stolen 25 years ago. Best game on that was Alien v Predator. Used to put it through the hi-fi and play it standing up in the dark. Scared the bejaysus out of us, those pings getting louder and not knowing where it was.

Other game from there worth a mention was Jeff Minters Tempest 2000.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Surprised no ones said Tony Hawks yet. Was the soundtrack to a lot of my youth

Christ, I forgot about THPS3! Incredible game, still love playing it to this day.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
PUBG is very good. A little unpolished but still very enjoyable. I'm also guilty of playing WoW. However I didn't enjoy Warlords that much, and Legion is even worse.

Yeah PUBG can be a little annoying but given its a Beta I think they have done an excellent job, even though I am rubbish at it the addictive looting factor and never having the same game twice keeps me coming back.

Re: WOW, this could have a thread on its own! I think they completely lost their way after Cata, I know Cata gets slated but I feel that was the start of the dumbing down but still really enjoyed it. I never made it to Legion but I am really looking forward to classic! I hope that Bliz stay true to the likes of Nostalrius and don't arse about with classic to appeal to a wider audience.

Looking forward to the next HS expansion? They are being a bit more generous with the pre-purchase which has tempted me.

Would really recommend Gwent if you fancy a change from HS. Very free to play friendly and much more in-depth i think.

I kind of a have a love hate relationship with HS. I don't like the model and feel Blizzard take the piss a bit so I have not been buying expansions. I virtually only play one class (I have always done this to be fair even from Beta) which is priest so by doing daily quests I get enough coins to make the new priest decks I want. At the moment I am not doing much more than logging in, doing quests and logging out again. I don't want to get behind though as you'll never catch up again. I will come back to it in the future though and play more as I have in the past.

I looked at Gwent but last time i checked there was no mobile app and I mostly play these on my phone/ipad. Have they sorted that now?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Meh going against the rules of the thread again. SWIV Amiga, Dungeons and Dragons,Lock'n'Chase and Buzz Bombers (Mattel Intellivision anyone own one?), Prince of Persia Amiga, Paper Boy speccy

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Yeah PUBG can be a little annoying but given its a Beta I think they have done an excellent job, even though I am rubbish at it the addictive looting factor and never having the same game twice keeps me coming back.

Re: WOW, this could have a thread on its own! I think they completely lost their way after Cata, I know Cata gets slated but I feel that was the start of the dumbing down but still really enjoyed it. I never made it to Legion but I am really looking forward to classic! I hope that Bliz stay true to the likes of Nostalrius and don't arse about with classic to appeal to a wider audience.

I kind of a have a love hate relationship with HS. I don't like the model and feel Blizzard take the piss a bit so I have not been buying expansions. I virtually only play one class (I have always done this to be fair even from Beta) which is priest so by doing daily quests I get enough coins to make the new priest decks I want. At the moment I am not doing much more than logging in, doing quests and logging out again. I don't want to get behind though as you'll never catch up again. I will come back to it in the future though and play more as I have in the past.

I looked at Gwent but last time i checked there was no mobile app and I mostly play these on my phone/ipad. Have they sorted that now?

No mobile/tablet version yet, they haven't even given a hint that they are working on one. They are putting a lot of work into the single player "Thronebreaker" mode which looks interesting.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Seeing as so many are ignoring the one game rule I'm also going to throw the Bioshock series and Pilotwings64 in to the mix.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So many games played over so many years on so many different platforms.

Chuckie Egg - ZX Spectrum
Manic Miner - ZX Spectrum
Sim City - ZX Spectrum
Jet Set Willy - ZX Spectrum
Atic Atac - ZX Spectrum
Underwulde - ZX Spectrum

Banjo Kazooie - N64
Goldeneye - N64
Star Wars Rogue Squadron - N64
Ocarina of Time - N64 (probably my favourite ever game)

Metal Gear Solid (all versions, PS)

Half Life 2 - PC
Elder Scrolls - Oblivion and Skyrim - PC
Subnautica - PC
Wurm Online - PC

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Defender in the arcade.
Rainbow island on the Amiga.
Bomberman on the Amiga.
Sensible Soccer on the Amiga.
Mario kart on Nintendo?
COD on xbox or ps3 can't remember which.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here