Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It will be a carve up and hopefully Farage will have some sort of say in what happens in the event of a hung parliament.......it will be the ONLY time he has any say mind you, If the foaming at the mouth Kippers get any sort of control we will be royally going to hell in a handcart.

Yes well done, nice bit of night fishing !

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Other polls:

Populus: CON 34%, LAB 36%, LDEM 10%, UKIP 12%, GRN 5%.
YouGov/Sun: CON 32%, LAB 34%, LDEM 6%, UKIP 14%, GRN 8%.
ComRes/Indy telephone poll: CON 29%(+1), LAB 32%(+1), LDEM 12%(+3), UKIP 16%(-2), GRN 5%(-2).

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Good post, see the Yellows are down to 5% and last election in Lewes polled 52%...they share a boundary don't they? If so must be some sort of record difference & poss why Baker is running scared?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd wager that Lord Ashcroft's polling is slightly more sophisticated and a tad more independent.

Ashcroft's poll would have only been from about 1,000 responses , the local parties on the ground will be gauging the percentages throughout the entire constituency on a much larger basis. The only worthwhile statistics are those known after the event because predictions and forecasts can still go tits up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ashcroft's poll would have only been from about 1,000 responses , the local parties on the ground will be gauging the percentages throughout the entire constituency on a much larger basis. The only worthwhile statistics are those known after the event because predictions and forecasts can still go tits up.

I don't think that's entirely true. Ashcroft has far greater resources at his disposal, he's also got a professional team of statisticians who publish their questions, their results and the various weightings with the reasoning behind them. People from all parties take Ashcroft's polls very seriously and it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Labour HQ put more store behind these results than canvassing by their local party members. Even something as simple as saying "Hi, I'm conducting a poll on behalf of your local Labour Party..." can skew opinions let alone leading and/or loaded questions, and then you've got to take into account how the data is collected and interpreted. I sincerely doubt they have the same expertise locally.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Can we amalgamate this with the Harveys Post.......And invite Nigel Farage as proffesional Beer drinker and Ukip leader to comment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Latest Ipsos/Mori poll has the Tories back in front with a 3% lead.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Telegraph has the Tories in the lead by 4% over Labour whilst UKIP has dropped 20 points to 13%.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Telegraph has the Tories in the lead by 4% over Labour whilst UKIP has dropped 20 points to 13%.

I've been saying for months that the election will be decided by how many who voted UKIP at the European elections drift back to the Tories.

Enough and they'll probably be the largest party. Otherwise it's Ed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Golly UKIP were on 33% :ohmy: I think that alarming drop is actually Nigel's own personality rating rather than the party support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here