Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michy Batshuaiyi

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Desperate rush?

FFS, I opened NSC saw your thread and posted.

And I don't care, not one fvcking jot, having gay nephews and nieces does that to you.

Don't you care that they might feel happier having open and honest role models in such a high profile job? Seems like a good thing to me.

Don't you care that they might feel happier having open and honest role models in such a high profile job? Seems like a good thing to me.

Dunno, I'll ring them and ask before I answer on their behalf.
Give me a minute.

Seeing as your interested in what my niece thinks she said "what, who, why should I be interested, I'm just picking my son up so have to go"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We do seem to be taking this tweet at face value.

There is no way that that is a genuine account. These players all have PR people ready for such announcements. There is no way that it would be done in such an unprofessional manner if that lad was planning on making such an announcement

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How many people have to "come out" before enough have come out that we no longer need people to come out? As far as I know it, player's don't need to state their sexual orientation.

Why don't we add it to the player profiles on the Sky Sports team line up?

I can see it now, Darren Fletcher turns round, walks to the camera, puts his arms behind his back, "heterosexual"

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think it's great that he's allegedly announced to his teamates that he is gay.
A very brave man at that, it'll set a bench mark for others, who've not been brave or comfortable in coming out (no pun intended).
It'll sort out the knuckle daggers from the genuine supporters.

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm in the 'who cares' camp. We can only truly make homophobia a thing of the past when nobody cares about it. Shouting it from the roof tops like the media are likely to do, will make this into a big, massive thing, and put lots of pressure on him. I'd prefer it if they didn't put him in the spotlight and left him be. So what? Some people are gay, it's nature. No need to put it on the front page.

But as we're not quite there yet, I'll quietly add I have a lot of respect for him given the circumstances.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You carry on caring then, and I'll carry on not giving a shit.

Please do; it’s nice that we can live our lives open and freely. I’m sure you’d give a shit if you felt you couldn’t.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it's great that he's announced publically that he is gay.
A very brave man at that, it'll set a bench mark for others, who've not been brave or comfortable in coming out (no pun intended).
It'll sort out the knuckle daggers from the genuine supporters.

He hasn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For all I know (feck all) it's true, but I'd rather hear the story from a proper source and not someone who appears to know the same as me.

[tweet]930838480875409408[/tweet]

[tweet]930943283722940416[/tweet]

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Corrected, but surely it is public, as it's on social media now?

So whether he is or isn't, he'll get abuse for it now from the people that would have abused him if he was. So he's ****ed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So it's come from the twitter account of a child. Great. 6 pages all for that. Check your sources!!

So why the desperate rush to prove how 'on message' you are by responding , who cares ?

You what you were saying about rushing to post, well maybe take your own advice and check something is genuine first before posting first eh.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
For all I know (feck all) it's true, but I'd rather hear the story from a proper source and not someone who appears to know the same as me.

Somebody has already pointed out to this 'source' that he's got a girlfriend and a kid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here