Blue Planet 2

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
That episode where the killer whales were chasing the dolphins- and I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch the end result. Then there was some communication between 2 different species, and they swam together as friends was a joy to watch.

Football fans should maybe take note :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ITV and C5 must look at themselves in embarrassment as they churn out their latest "reality" show for the drooling, brain-dead, phone-voting masses.

Newsflash you dickheads - THIS is reality TV. And its beautiful. Anyone who begrudges paying a license fee is an utter tool of the highest order as far as I'm concerned. THIS is worth the licence fee alone, and if you don't like it, then piss off to Fox.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That bloody thing is what nightmares are made of! 100cm long and like the bloody Sarlacc from Star Wars. No wonder I'm still up drinking when I have to be up at 6am!

Check out “Bobbit Worm - Dinner time� from liquidguru on Vimeo.
The video is available for your viewing pleasure at https://vimeo.com/28280553

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Watched the second episode with Sigur Ros at dangerous volume through headphones.

AWE and indeed SOME.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Bobbit worm was stuff of nightmares, however a complete pussy though. I am hoping for a worlds hardest creature contender from this series.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Bobbit worm was stuff of nightmares, however a complete pussy though. I am hoping for a worlds hardest creature contender from this series.

That fish that lives 5 miles down is pretty hardcore. As are the shrimps who risk boiling themselves to death every time they feel peckish.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went to South Georgia, and fortunately, the television could never portray the truly horrendous smell of an Elephant Seal colony :sick:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
ITV and C5 must look at themselves in embarrassment as they churn out their latest "reality" show for the drooling, brain-dead, phone-voting masses.

Newsflash you dickheads - THIS is reality TV. And its beautiful. Anyone who begrudges paying a license fee is an utter tool of the highest order as far as I'm concerned. THIS is worth the licence fee alone, and if you don't like it, then piss off to Fox.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I'm not sure it's technically correct these days to say programmes like Blue Planet II are funded by the licence fee.

It wouldn't have been made, shown on BBC 1 and then seen which overseas channels want to buy it. Bit like Top Gear, it would have been made for a global audience from the outset.

The BBC has just seen a massive restructuring where the production arm (excluding a few things like sport) are now effectively an independent "commercial" producer which will be free to make programmes for ITV etc.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-29/bbc-worldwide-bbc-studios-netflix-amazon/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brilliant final episode tonight.

A wake up call to us all, its down to individuals to make the right choices to preserve the planet we live in

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here