Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark Noble: We shouldn't be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In reality we're all just as guilty of it in our own way. We certainly expected to be Burton twice last season, and we did so we were content, ditto Rotherham. But we could have lost, and if we had, 'we should not be losing to teams like Burton' would have rang out around here.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In reality we're all just as guilty of it in our own way. We certainly expected to be Burton twice last season, and we did so we were content, ditto Rotherham. But we could have lost, and if we had, 'we should not be losing to teams like Burton' would have rang out around here.

Not really, Rotherham did us the season before - we were shit and they deserved it. Got introduced to a certain Frenchman though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand your comparison, but it's slightly off. Last season we were one of the top two clubs, West Ham are not. The gap between us and Burton was larger than it's going to be between WH and us.

We got beaten by Bristol City, and we didn't have much 'we should not be losing to teams like Bristol'.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They would still have that dodgy keeper though

I thought Joe Hart did OK. He saved two one on ones against Glenn Murray and nearly saved the second goal. The argument is that he should have got a stronger hand to the shot? His positioning was right.

Pickford did well for Everton as well and saved them from defeat. One Pickford save was exceptional and another one spectacular.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never particularly liked Noble, and like him even less now. What a nobber. If we'd somehow won 0-3 away at Man City and Kevin De Bruyne came out with the same thing then yes, I could probably accept that, but West Ham? Puuuurleeeease :facepalm:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If a player is genuinely worth what is paid for him, then he is correct, West Ham shouldn't be losing 3-0 to us. The reality of course is much different. Did Arnautovic look nearly 10 times the player of Gross ? Looked more like 10% of the player on that performance. There is so much more to a team than just adding the sum of their parts. Thanks to Hughton we are so much more than the sum of our parts. The likes of West Ham, Everton and Palace currently, so much less. Long may it continue, and plenty more arrogance and entitlement is dumped on it's arse in the course of this season.

That's the point. Some of the players other clubs have bought have been for really stupid money. I think Everton paid Swansea over 50 million for a player I'd never heard of. I think he came from Iceland (although at that price it was probably Waitrose). Either way there is no way that £50 million players are ten times better than £5 million players, in the same way Waitrose food isn't 10 times better than Tesco's.

If you just look at the component parts then you can understand Noble's comment. I don't think he'll make a good manager though if he thinks that just having slightly better players means you shouldn't lose 3-0 to teams with slightly worse players. If he ever goes down the managerial route he's going to spend a lot of time scratching his head wondering why his expensively-assembled teams are losing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently had they scored with an early chance everything would have been different. Had they not had so much of the ball, also, we wouldn't have scored the early brakeaway goal.

My goodness, they were sooooo UNLUCKY!

Which makes you wonder why they needed a geezer zone air clearing session and male bondage session today.

The moral of this story for me is that thick footballers should get on with their job, leave metaphysics to the metaphysicists, do the soul searching while down the boozer (or in the gym - select on basis of how oldskool you are) and, otherwise, shut the **** up :shrug:

After the way the game panned out yesterday I take ALL that back. Noble was the difference :bowdown: . . . :whistle:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It might have done 'on here', wouldn't expect our captain to be saying it though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I thought Joe Hart did OK. He saved two one on ones against Glenn Murray and nearly saved the second goal. The argument is that he should have got a stronger hand to the shot? His positioning was right.

Pickford did well for Everton as well and saved them from defeat. One Pickford save was exceptional and another one spectacular.

Everyone was still pissed, I dont think many people noticed. The Party just carried on.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Too right - it should've been four or five.

“Listen, even if we didn’t have a manager at all, the talent in this club should mean that we don’t lose 3-0 to Brighton. What shape we play, what tactics we employ, that’s almost immaterial.

“You can lose games, of course you can, but whether Slaven [Bilic, the manager] is here or not, whether Sir Alex Ferguson was our boss or Jose Mourinho, we shouldn’t be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mark-noble-west-ham-shouldn-t-lose-30-to-brighton-with-all-the-talent-available-a3667346.html

No he's correct, we could have five or six!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He called a players meeting? Is he undermining the manager?

After the way the game panned out yesterday I take ALL that back. Noble was the difference :bowdown: . . . :whistle:

It does make you wonder. We watched last night's game at a friends, and we commented on how defeated Bilic looked at half time when they were 2-0 down. He certainly didn't look like a man who could give a motivational speech in the dressing room. The camera also panned in on Noble when he was geeing up his players, in a very vigorous manner.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mark-Noble.jpg

boik

That's the point. Some of the players other clubs have bought have been for really stupid money. I think Everton paid Swansea over 50 million for a player I'd never heard of. I think he came from Iceland (although at that price it was probably Waitrose). Either way there is no way that £50 million players are ten times better than £5 million players, in the same way Waitrose food isn't 10 times better than Tesco's.

If you just look at the component parts then you can understand Noble's comment. I don't think he'll make a good manager though if he thinks that just having slightly better players means you shouldn't lose 3-0 to teams with slightly worse players. If he ever goes down the managerial route he's going to spend a lot of time scratching his head wondering why his expensively-assembled teams are losing.

Wow! Have you really never heard of Gylfi Sigurdsson? Some of our fans lead very sheltered lives!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Too right - it should've been four or five.

“Listen, even if we didn’t have a manager at all, the talent in this club should mean that we don’t lose 3-0 to Brighton. What shape we play, what tactics we employ, that’s almost immaterial.

“You can lose games, of course you can, but whether Slaven [Bilic, the manager] is here or not, whether Sir Alex Ferguson was our boss or Jose Mourinho, we shouldn’t be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mark-noble-west-ham-shouldn-t-lose-30-to-brighton-with-all-the-talent-available-a3667346.html

Well he has a point shirley. If it was the Albion who were the established Premier Leage club, and Wet Sham the cocky interlopers, l'd be pretty unhappy too..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are West Ham really that big a club, they've been relegated a few times in my lifetime. The borrow boys have an inflated view of themselves

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah ok Noble I'm sure it was your best CB left on his arse when AK tore him a new one. Stop talking bollocks you cockney c>Nt.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wow! Have you really never heard of Gylfi Sigurdsson? Some of our fans lead very sheltered lives!

Genuinely, no I hadn't - and I won't remember the name once I close this thread!

And it's not so much 'sheltered' as the fact that I have almost no interest in football per se. I support Brighton and England and that's pretty much it for me. The only foreign players I know are the real top players like Messi and Ronaldo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here