Are we going to make a loan signing?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Emmanuel Pettit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was a suggestion as a cheap loan/fill in fo the injured Baldock which excluding BZ is better than we have at the moment. He would be cheaper than most premier side loans like Bamford or Akpom who are both out on season loans. Probably only cost £200k plus wages, which his at Rotherham wont be high Who else Achiebie at WBA?

Of course he's cheaper than Bamford, because Bamford is quality and Derbyshire is shit.

200k to borrow Rotherhams free transfer and a struggling teams main striker. what planet are you on?

Not even on Planet football rumours would something quite so daft exist, which one of your numerous made up "sources" put forward this beauty?

The suggestion of £200k was for a purchase not a loan as Rotherham would not loan him. Better players would cost a lot more money but he is capable of putting the loose balls in the 6 yd box into the net, something we are failing to do at the moment.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It puzzles me that you can suggest matt Derbyshire as an option whilst also advocating Ashley Cole for the left back position.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was a suggestion as a cheap loan/fill in fo the injured Baldock which excluding BZ is better than we have at the moment. He would be cheaper than most premier side loans like Bamford or Akpom who are both out on season loans. Probably only cost £200k plus wages, which his at Rotherham wont be high Who else Achiebie at WBA?

It puzzles me that you can suggest matt Derbyshire as an option whilst also advocating Ashley Cole for the left back position.

We need to get by the next 6 weeks until January 1st when it has been suggested that we will spend big, without spending much money but still getting results. I think that both could do a job in the short term.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Uu
The suggestion of £200k was for a purchase not a loan as Rotherham would not loan him Better players would cost a lot more money but he is capable of putting the loose balls in the 6 yd box into the net, something we are failing to do at the moment.

We need to get by the next 6 weeks until January 1st when it has been suggested that we will spend big, without spending much money but still getting results. I think that both could do a job in the short term.

Hang on a minute!
You've created mayhem suggesting we take Derbyshire then you say Rotherham won't loan him out............
Then a few minutes later you're back to arguing that he and Ashley Cole could do a good job (in the short term) ON LOAN.
Which one is it for heavens sake?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Twatter

Several Championship clubs are interested in making a January move for out of favour Leicester striker Andrej Kramaric,

Have a word Leo. Has lost his way at Leicester but would be immense loan signing.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And your point is?

Does not have to be a point. Most people can make up their own minds (even if completely wrong). If Bruno and Greer can still hack it I would have thought Cole could as well.

I hope Bong recovers before any damage is done.

An inverted full back has special problems:

1) blocking the crosses is not quite as good when the winger goes on the outside. (Try standing on your wrong foot and blocking with your swinger.)
2) distribution by passing is not so good as the right footer will have a tendency to pass inside where it is crowded and not down the line (most important)
3) overlapping for crosses is not so good but I don't think this matters as if play suddenly switches he can behave like an inverted winger and shoot

Has one advantage against an inverted winger when he is probably better at stopping the winger going inside.

It is all compounded with the Albion is that we have not got a left-sided midfielder who can defend, unless you count Forster-Caskey or Solly March?

I'm sure the problems can be overcome for a few games. I would tend to play Rohan Ince in midfield but he seems both out of form and match practice and losing confidence. Left back can find him with their passes inside. Fosrter-Caskey can't be ruled out as a starter either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
5 more days until the window shuts.

In my opinion we need a left back just in case Rosenior gets injured before January 1st. It's 8 weeks(+) now until Bong is back.

A striker to replace Baldock would also be useful.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we wait until Sunday the first 28 day no-recall part of the loan will include the Middlesbrough match.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
5 more days until the window shuts.

In my opinion we need a left back just in case Rosenior gets injured before January 1st. It's 8 weeks(+) now until Bong is back.

A striker to replace Baldock would also be useful.

I agree, but as much as l would love it, it aint gonna happen folks. We will make do until at least the January window.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When is the deadline to SING a player before Sunday's game ???

41.2 Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#C2uaJLLc1DFvC9ob.99

(not sure whether this would apply to a Sunday game as a fax would need to be received at FL HQ)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here