Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lancing Pubs

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
go in on a fri or sat night,you will enjoy lol,its ok really,just dont look at a few of the main people the wrong way and keep yourselfto yourself,
your be fine,like most pubs really.
nice sticky carpets too

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The New Sussex (Three Horseshoes) is the only pub in Lancing I'd ever go to for a night out, and I live in Lancing!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
New Sussex is a superb pub, I love going to Shoreham for a pint but nowadays the NSH is an easy rival.
Or if you fancy a walk, the Gardeners Arms in Sompting is pretty good.

Crabtree is worth popping in, Harvester is OK when it's quiet and Sussex Potter actually discourage people going in for a drink.
The Monk is OK, not as bad as everyone makes out but don't expect an atmosphere.

Farmers- No thanks.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
North Lancing is a nice area with the Potter (or whatever it's called now) although is more a restaurant come pub now. As others have said, avoid the Monk and the Farmers.

The legion/empire are ok for cheap beer just don't expect to walk in and think wow...last time I went to the legion it had the same people, decor and queen liz portraits still there from when I went with my dad on a Sunday over 20 years ago lol

The three horseshoes would be the place I would recommend with a massive beer garden which is great in summer

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lancing isnt the roughest part of moss side. Any pub (including the mon)k you will be fine as long as you don't start gobbing off to all and sundry. Same goes anywhere

theboybilly

My mate Mick runs the Gardeners in Sompting. You'll get a decent welcome there and he keeps his beer nicely. It is a food-orientated pub but you don't have to drink too near the diners. Recommended.
I live in Shoreham and if I were you I'd hop on a train from Lancing and find a decent pub (and there are so many) in Worthing or Shoreham. It's a no-brainer. I've never fancied drinking in Lancing (except for the Legion which is handy for the football ground)
For me; The Seldon Arms in Worthing, the Buckingham Arms in Shoreham

Aug 4, 2011
Farmers have new owners for the last year, decent prices and the crowd has changed. Not to bad in there, few Brighton fans in there regularly too and if you don't go and want to watch Albion on tv when they're on then they always show the games. Other than that everywhere else isn't too bad. 2 working men's clubs in town. Got harvester and steakhouse bars just have a try off everything see what you like! If you like curry go to the Naaz too. 10 quid Buffett deal and food is great, for Chinese best is lancing oriental express by far. Normally busy though so best to pick up yourself than order over the phone. Hope this helps!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
North Lancing is a nice area with the Potter (or whatever it's called now) although is more a restaurant come pub now. As others have said, avoid the Monk and the Farmers.

The legion/empire are ok for cheap beer just don't expect to walk in and think wow...last time I went to the legion it had the same people, decor and queen liz portraits still there from when I went with my dad on a Sunday over 20 years ago lol

The three horseshoes would be the place I would recommend with a massive beer garden which is great in summer

Yes they have, and you have to go to the wrestling they put on annually, very funny if the weather is good.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Crab is where I tend to go. Pretty pricey for what it is though. Paying over £4 for a beer in Lancing seems a touch OTT.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shame The Balltree went. We used to walk there from Worthing in the day when they had HSB on.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So it looks like the New Sussex is the place to start...knew NSC wouldn't let me down!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The Empire club is well worth joining

membership for the whole family is 30 quid,you could save this on one nights drinking,its cheap cheap cheap beer,i like orangeboom and last yearit was set at 2 quid a pint for the whole year,have some decent band on sometimes and shocking for the purple rinse brigade on others,best is when the tribute band los palmas play, i thinkits 5quid a ticket wellworth it for the best madness tribute band out there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here