Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't leave me this way ............

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I thought Saturday had nothing to do with train queues, we went 2-0 down and people thought game over and left 10 minutes early which I have not seen at the Amex before.This was a bit sad really as a home side could easily score 2 goals in the last 10 minutes, what was more sad was that they were right and we never looked like scoring even if we were still playing now.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I think I would be more interested if the issue was that for the final ten minutes. Your experience and view are affected because of people moving past to leave early rather than I want '20,000' people (who I don't know) to do what I want them to do and do as I do' IMO.

Rock

Jan 31, 2008
and just one more note on the subject.. I would rather it empty out at the end of the match like it did.. than it be as bare as that at the beginning/during the match. We had (apparently) over 29,000 people at a Brighton home match... That in its self is amazing (only about 5 other clubs got more than that on saturday in ALL British Leagues). If people are getting annoyed with the so called plastic fans (newbies) - old fans (that need to leave to miss the rush) - young families with kids (that like to leave to miss the rush) - the disabled - the unabled etc etc etc.. then we will be left with a hardy 6,400 who sat at Withdean come rain or shine... Yeah you might be smug that you are a real fan... but you would look pretty sad sitting in a stadium with no other f*cker there... (for the record i have NEVER left early)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I have been attending Albion matches for 51 years. I have been a season ticket holder for years. I support the Albion at many away games each season. I make a round trip of 250 miles to each home game. I always applaud our team and individual players. I never boo them or otherwise vocalise my disapproval. I do not need some halfwit know it all pontificating about people (me) leaving early (5 mins before the end for the park and ride queue) and making out I am a 'bad fan' for doing so. Wind your neck in you clueless idiot.

Bang!

This

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Doubt the OP even wrote the article himself, probably got a ghost writer in to do it for him again

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll sum up what I've said in one of the other threads about leaving early:

- People pay for their ticket/seat.
- They have the right to sit there for as long as they want.
- Others have the right to be upset if they leave early.

It really is that simple.

It is, but some fans love to think they're better than others.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
i have been attending albion matches for 51 years. I have been a season ticket holder for years. I support the albion at many away games each season. I make a round trip of 250 miles to each home game. I always applaud our team and individual players. I never boo them or otherwise vocalise my disapproval. I do not need some halfwit know it all pontificating about people (me) leaving early (5 mins before the end for the park and ride queue) and making out i am a 'bad fan' for doing so. Wind your neck in you clueless idiot.

a-****ing-men.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Everyone has the right to leave early if they wish. But what annoys me is when having jostled into a position directly in my field of vision they STOP because there's been some action....and I can see bugger all ! A bit annoying. :rant:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's going viral Timotei! Number 6th most read item on The Argus website and the Palace forums are all over it like Simon Jordan and a can of self-tanning mousse - Woodward and Bernstein eat your hearts out!

(why are they never referred to in alphabetical order - i.e. Bernstein and Woodward?)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My favourite bit is either "me and Gordon have now made it up" (reminiscent of the classic "I asked Gus" days) or the hilarious HORSE gag, which very nearly works*.

Idea for next article: "11 reasons why you should stay to the final whistle". It's got VIRAL CLICKBAIT written all over it. You can have that one for free, HB&B.

*People don't generally 'horse around' at exits - they just, well, exit through them.

D

Deleted User X18H

My favourite bit is either "me and Gordon have now made it up" (reminiscent of the classic "I asked Gus" days) or the hilarious HORSE gag, which very nearly works*.

Idea for next article: "11 reasons why you should stay to the final whistle". It's got VIRAL CLICKBAIT written all over it. You can have that one for free, HB&B.

*People don't generally 'horse around' at exits - they just, well, exit through them.
I like you Reggie , you remind me of me.

I didn't get where I am today, by not recognising someone who reminds me of me.
Cigar?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You lot are a pleasant bunch aren't you. This fella has written a piece about the club he obviously loves - and all you can do is slate his spelling/grammar/childish journalism. In fact whatever anyone writes in any publication tends to come in for criticism - especially if it doesn't fit in with your way of thinking. Live and let live (and yes.. that goes for the people that leave early too...)

You're not familiar with this particular poster, are you? Or you're his wife.

Either way: stick around for a while and you'll soon learn.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Unlike the OP, who hasnt learnt a thing with all his p**s poor and embarrassing attempts at "journalism" or blogging.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Tim is just so cool these days, I aspire to be him

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I have been attending Albion matches for 51 years. I have been a season ticket holder for years. I support the Albion at many away games each season. I make a round trip of 250 miles to each home game. I always applaud our team and individual players. I never boo them or otherwise vocalise my disapproval. I do not need some halfwit know it all pontificating about people (me) leaving early (5 mins before the end for the park and ride queue) and making out I am a 'bad fan' for doing so. Wind your neck in you clueless idiot.

Pretty well perfect post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here