Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rene Meulensteen Sacked!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The new guy has been appointed so quickly, it seems like maybe RM was only ever stop-gap anyway, until they found a decent manager. I would expect Wilkins to stay, but I may be wrong.

Do you really think he will stay?? I don't, he will flee the sinking ship and go back to being the boring pundit he was!

Personally, I think he is a perfect example of a once great player not making it as a coach / manager, any success he has had in that role has only ever been as an assistant and again, only my opinion, but as a pundit he is the most boring person ever!

Just to balance and clarify, as a player I thought he was great, but like quite a few great players they don't always make great coaches / managers.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Do you really think he will stay?? I don't, he will flee the sinking ship and go back to being the boring pundit he was!

Personally, I think he is a perfect example of a once great player not making it as a coach / manager, any success he has had in that role has only ever been as an assistant and again, only my opinion, but as a pundit he is the most boring person ever!

Just to balance and clarify, as a player I thought he was great, but like quite a few great players they don't always make great coaches / managers.

I really don't know, but if I was the owner, I think I'd want someone British with his experience around. Depends if he enjoys his job or not I guess, I don't suppose he has a problem getting offers of work.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Relegation guaranteed....proper mess of a club. :nono:

In fairness to Fulham their results under Meulensteen have been poor and they look like relegation certainties anyway so it could be seen that they're at least trying to give themselves a fighting chance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You forgot Michael 'monotoned cliche' Owen

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't expect Craven Cottage to be full again in the League for a long time from Augusty

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now, finally, confirmed. Wilkins and Curbishley also confirmed as gone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One ground I've not yet done with the Albion

Last played them at Fulham in 1996.

The only league clubs that we've last played further back in the past in a non-friendly fixture are Oxford Utd, Manchester Utd, West Bromwich Albion, Crawley Town, Chelsea, and Everton.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Another decent club being ruined by tinpot owners.

They seem to want to compete with Venky's for the most madness at a top flight club. Such a shame as they seemed to be a good club until the recent owner took over. As quirky as Al-Fayed was, he seemed to let his CEO run the club - with the odd exception a la Michael Jackson statue. Just an impression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here