Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar set to lose World Cup?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Strikes me that there's some dissent in the ranks - although whether that's enough to break the FIFA omerta remains to be seen

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
its not like it cost them much. it cost alot of migrant workers their lives and limbs, but not the Qataris.

this stinks, and as i read today FIFA is registered as a charity they should be obliged to publish such a report.

Where - I.e. In what country - are they're registered as a charity?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
On what grounds? That they bribed the FIFA officials in good faith?

Doubt very much they would be able to prove corruption in an international court, but I guess FIFA would now like to use the excuse of the high temperatures as a 'get out' card.

This would certainly lead to huge financial claims against FIFA by the Qataris.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully someone leaks the reports. Any sports journalist worth their salt is going to be desperately seeking them. A fat brown envelope should secure a copy or two .

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Whilst Russia morally shouldnt have a WC (the homophobia, human rights, ukraine etc etc) at least its a country with football pedigree and politics aside it should host a world cup albeit won by nefarious means.

but quatar. **** off no heritage, scorching heat, stadia built with slave labour madness.

USA to host 2022. Mark my words. Wont be us the football wprld well FIFA hate us.

Australia would get it I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a feeling Blatter is going to fall on his face very soon. He's under pressure/scrutiny from quite a few angles now. And this report will be leaked.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The final push should happen now. The sponsors and the teams should come out and say they will boycott the tournament. The human rights issues and clear evidence of corruption should be enough.

To be honest, I can't quite believe it's got this far without that happening. How can the world stand by and watch as people are dying building stadiums for a tournament that should never have been announced in the first place?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This guy Zwanziger, speaking out of turn, must have some substance to what he said. My guess is that, either, the tournament is being taken away from Qatar and FIFA is trying to think what to say; or, the Garcia report says it should be taken from Qatar and there's an argument in the ranks about whether to follow the recommendations.

I can't believe Zwanziger would say what he did if the report exonerated FIFA and there were no issues with the Qatar bid

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Where - I.e. In what country - are they're registered as a charity?

I see where you are heading with this question.

They are not as such a specific registered charity,they are registered in Switzerland under commercial law that includes charities,religions,social and political groups,I believe if you are non-profit you can register under this large umbrella of groups,and legally dodge paying full whack tax.

I think nearly all football fans have a word for FIFA beginning with C and it certainly isnt charity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here