Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Starting line up swansea

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It would be mad to not include Locadia in the starting 11 somehow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It would be mad to not include Locadia in the starting 11 somehow.

Would it? Two reasons why he might not:

He’s played c70 minutes against a mid table League Two side. If he was match fit and on his game he could have had 4 or 5 in the first half. I’m not sure that’s enough preparation for what is our biggest game of the season.

I’m not sure any position other than wide right, in a 4-4-1-1, is available based on recent performances, and that doesn’t seem to be his best position by all accounts.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Would it? Two reasons why he might not:

He’s played c70 minutes against a mid table League Two side. If he was match fit and on his game he could have had 4 or 5 in the first half. I’m not sure that’s enough preparation for what is our bigger game of the season.

I’m not sure any position other than wide right, in a 4-4-1-1, is available based on recent performances, and that doesn’t seem to be his best position by all accounts.

That is a good point... however, even not fully match fit he looked better in most 'departments' than the other striking options we have - It is a shame we can't play 2 up front in the Prem as him and Ulloa or Murray would be the ideal combo.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sub as absolute minimum, Chris has a difficult decision I don't envy him

He does and taking into account what [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said a couple of posts ago, it will depend on whether he feels Locadia is quite ready for a start in the Prem or from the bench.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
This is certainly one of the 'nice to have' selection problems facing Chris. A far cry from the beginning of the season following Tomer's suspension.

Is it a game too early for Locadia to start? He didn't look so visibly tired after 70 but clearly lacked the clinical finishing we hope he'll discover.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is certainly one of the 'nice to have' selection problems facing Chris. A far cry from the beginning of the season following Tomer's suspension.

Is it a game too early for Locadia to start? He didn't look so visibly tired after 70 but clearly lacked the clinical finishing we hope he'll discover.

Although his first touch in the box was to hit the post and possibly his 2nd was to score with a crisp finish. Not bad. Admittedly he was less clinical after that though!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Solly playing well? Really?

Yes, he is. The lack of appreciation on this site, (as evidenced in most of the line ups in this thread), for Solly March is baffling.

At Southampton, March was instrumental in our only goal (winning the penalty) and put in a fantastic shift - the one player calm in holding the ball and winning free kicks when we were under the cosh at the end.

At Stoke he was instrumental in our only goal - great turn on halfway to open up the space, and the excellent 1-2 to release Izquierdo into the box.

On Saturday he was very comfortably our best attacking player, beating his man for fun. His understanding with Suttner was terrific, and if Locadia, Baldock and Knockaert had done their bit, he'd have racked up 2 or 3 assists.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes, he is. The lack of appreciation on this site, (as evidenced in most of the line ups in this thread), for Solly March is baffling.

At Southampton, March was instrumental in our only goal (winning the penalty) and put in a fantastic shift - the one player calm in holding the ball and winning free kicks when we were under the cosh at the end.

At Stoke he was instrumental in our only goal - great turn on halfway to open up the space, and the excellent 1-2 to release Izquierdo into the box.

On Saturday he was very comfortably our best attacking player, beating his man for fun. His understanding with Suttner was terrific, and if Locadia, Baldock and Knockaert had done their bit, he'd have racked up 2 or 3 assists.
No. No he isn't. You can pick out individual bits of skill, clearly he has skill. He looks more skillful against a division 4 side, I agree. But he is often lightweight in holding off tackles and losing out on second balls. I love the guy but he's still not up to speed in the prem. I was at Stoke and he was poor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

In PL games, March has not been playing well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, the general opinion seems to be that we won't start with Locadia. Well, he's got no experience of PL football, so of course CH will be too cautious to risk him. I'm surprised TB didn't think of that before writing out a cheque for £14M - he must be spitting feathers now!

No, I don't know how CH will use Locadia - but I'm damn sure TB hasn't paid £14M for another addition to our U23s.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, the general opinion seems to be that we won't start with Locadia. Well, he's got no experience of PL football, so of course CH will be too cautious to risk him. I'm surprised TB didn't think of that before writing out a cheque for £14M - he must be spitting feathers now!

No, I don't know how CH will use Locadia - but I'm damn sure TB hasn't paid £14M for another addition to our U23s.

I'm sure he will be used, I'm just not convinced he's ready for a Premier League start with only a slightly rusty-looking (and understandably so) 75 minutes against a mid-table League Two side under his belt after being out for 2 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here