Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United v Albion, Sat 17/3 @ 19:45, allocation: 5,500, ticket discount for STHs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I went up there for the league game in the home end with some Utd supporting mates. They kindly got me a meal with them in the old boardroom suite. After leaving at 8am with a coach load of beer, and free champagne and drinks at the game I was rather larruped. Started getting a bit lively in the second half and on reflection glad we didn’t score.

However on the way out back to the coach I was trotting along with all the free goodies I had, signed Lee Martin programme ( he was guest speaker in that lounge) leather bound Utd diary etc etc in a lovely Utd bag then it suddenly dawned on me that I was just like all the other happy clappy tourists lapping it up at the theatre of dreams, common sense prevailed and launched said bag onto the roof of a nearby shop/ industrial unit.

Don’t think my mates were too impressed, but FairPlay they’ve offered it again for the cup game, but unfortunately I’m going skiing in Canada.

Whistler?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Make sure you have the right sized man / woman bag as well

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't know. We've seen from the Swansea visit to the Amex how the Albion do it - allowing an initial allocation and then a cut-off for a further request. I have no idea what Man Utd do, but for a Cup game with a limited sales window, my expectation is the club will have to make a one-off request and stick with it.

I hope ManUre give that flexibility.

Otherwise if the Albion go for a modest but fixed allocation, I foresee the next anti Paul Barber thread "How he under estimated the demand, leading to ticket heartbreak".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope ManUre give that flexibility.

Otherwise if the Albion go for a modest but fixed allocation, I foresee the next anti Paul Barber thread "How he under estimated the demand, leading to ticket heartbreak".

I think this will be an easy one for the club to get right as everything is dependant on date / time of KO as to whether they will go.

Certainly will be for me - Monday night - no chance, Sunday depends on transport, ditto Saturday and Friday

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think this will be an easy one for the club to get right as everything is dependant on date / time of KO as to whether they will go.

Certainly will be for me - Monday night - no chance, Sunday depends on transport, ditto Saturday and Friday

As I see it Utd are playing Champions League on the Tuesday before so the Friday Night is a possibility,
International fixtures the week after the game so Monday Night is a no-go for this round of the Cup.

So it's Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As I see it Utd are playing Champions League on the Tuesday before so the Friday Night is a possibility,
International fixtures the week after the game so Monday Night is a no-go for this round of the Cup.

Has date and time been confirmed yet?
FotMob are saying 8pm Saturday.
Our official site is saying 3pm Saturday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nothing confirmed yet. I'd guess it won't be Saturday at 3pm though as all 4 ties are televised

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks.

Wonder why both sites can't just say 'tbc' then?

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Shirley there's an opening for sticking the boot in to Paul Barber, somewhere on this? Early days.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just read all of that thread as it was like looking at a gory accident on YouTube. You want to look away, turn it off and forget you ever clicked on it. But you're still watching. Only the existence of Crystal Palace prevents that foul, rancid excuse of a club being the worst thing in football.

:thumbsup:

ManUre and Palace = horrible clubs, with unpleasant fans.

Ironically, the fans hate each other.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shirley there's an opening for sticking the boot in to Paul Barber, somewhere on this? Early days.

Absolutely and quite deservedly as he was also instrumental in the deal to buy a dwarf goalkeeper apparently

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Sounds about right been keeping tabs on hotels which look likely, Stockport looks about the best option

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Helped push Poyet out, wasted TB's money buying a promotion squad, overly loyal to Winstanley/Hughton when most clubs would have sacked the pair - one mistake after another.

Beggars belief when you consider Elvisgate, will the club ever learn

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have a hotel already booked for the Friday and Monday in Piccadilly as family up north bought tickets for the city game. Then that got moved to the Sunday but I kept the hotel booked. So now hoping the game is either Friday or Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here