Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United v Albion, Sat 17/3 @ 19:45, allocation: 5,500, ticket discount for STHs

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
its my 1 year anniversary on the 17th so i will be missing this one! gutted but my wife comes before footy
Nice weekend away in the Peak District National Park. Romantic cottage or little hotel. Direct train to Manchester from Hope Valley, choice of great restaurants and shopping opportunities. Get your timing right and all's good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nice weekend away in the Peak District National Park. Romantic cottage or little hotel. Direct train to Manchester from Hope Valley, choice of great restaurants and shopping opportunities. Get your timing right and all's good.

Last recorded live Gibbet was in the Peak district also. Just thought i would let you know. Awful way to die.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The allocation might be down to how United do it.

It might be a case of "9,000 are yours but you have to pay for them in advance" which would mean the club having to hand over £400k and hope the tickets sell. How much confidence will they have in shifting that many. I certainly wouldn't feel confident.

So can the Albion then charge what they want for the tickets? Say Utd set a price of £30, we have just won £160,000 for yesterday, we get 45% of gate revenue (for arguments sake say 74k x £30 = £2.2m less £500k expenses = £765k) and I assume a share of the £237k tv money. The club could offer the tickets for sale at £10 (not that they will) and still come out of the match with a tidy profit!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So can the Albion then charge what they want for the tickets? Say Utd set a price of £30, we have just won £160,000 for yesterday, we get 45% of gate revenue (for arguments sake say 74k x £30 = £2.2m less £500k expenses = £765k) and I assume a share of the £237k tv money. The club could offer the tickets for sale at £10 (not that they will) and still come out of the match with a tidy profit!

No, Manchester United determine the price.

However, a visiting club could subsidise that, should they wish - Derby subsidised their season ticket holders to the tune of £15 of the £45 ticket price in the third round.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The Little John in Hathersage. :thumbsup:

Not far from the station and has never let us down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm thinking of taking up an offer of a seat among the home fans. It will give me a chance to polish up my conversational Japanese.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Cocky arrogant tossers!!
Nice going there as underdogs

Not a single one of them used the words "if we beat Brighton". Completely convinced they are through. Jesus, they are arrogant.

Have we not been exactly the same over the last couple of weeks regarding Coventry?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting to see the numbers that travel, out of the 22,300 home fans yesterday.

7,500?

I can't see the club requesting an allocation that big. I wouldn't be surprised if we have the same as Derby c5,600. If the club request more and don't sell them then they'll have to stump up the cash.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Have we not been exactly the same over the last couple of weeks regarding Coventry?
I don't think so. We've been confident (they are three leagues below us) but never assumed a win as a given like this. BHA fans too long in the tooth to assume we'd walk it. Lots of chat about banana skins and reference to former upsets.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm thinking of taking up an offer of a seat among the home fans. It will give me a chance to polish up my conversatonal Japanese.

I went up there for the league game in the home end with some Utd supporting mates. They kindly got me a meal with them in the old boardroom suite. After leaving at 8am with a coach load of beer, and free champagne and drinks at the game I was rather larruped. Started getting a bit lively in the second half and on reflection glad we didn’t score.

However on the way out back to the coach I was trotting along with all the free goodies I had, signed Lee Martin programme ( he was guest speaker in that lounge) leather bound Utd diary etc etc in a lovely Utd bag then it suddenly dawned on me that I was just like all the other happy clappy tourists lapping it up at the theatre of dreams, common sense prevailed and launched said bag onto the roof of a nearby shop/ industrial unit.

Don’t think my mates were too impressed, but FairPlay they’ve offered it again for the cup game, but unfortunately I’m going skiing in Canada.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Barbour initially asks for 5,000, will ManUre allow further requests if they sell out?

I don't know. We've seen from the Swansea visit to the Amex how the Albion do it - allowing an initial allocation and then a cut-off for a further request. I have no idea what Man Utd do, but for a Cup game with a limited sales window, my expectation is the club will have to make a one-off request and stick with it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't see the club requesting an allocation that big. I wouldn't be surprised if we have the same as Derby c5,600. If the club request more and don't sell them then they'll have to stump up the cash.

Everything will depend on the day/time of game as to what allocation we agree.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
If it’s a Saturday and it’s priced reasonably then we could sell towards the 10k.

But it probably won’t be.

If it’s friday or Monday night I doubt we will take more than 4,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here