Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Favour sought, pretty please with sprinkles on top

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you've ever wanted to do me a favour for running NSC etc, then please do the following. It will mean a lot to me if you can help.

It will cost you no money and take up a few minutes of your time.

1. Download an app...

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discovery-card-quest/id1276654969?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virttrade.discoverycards&hl=en

2. Ideally download it on a device you use and another one your kids use (if you have kids and other devices)

3. Once you're in and through the intro, tap the spanner in the top right of the app home screen, tap redeem code, and then enter: BHAFC
This will get you a whole load of in-app currency for free. You can do this once per account.

4. Play it. Get your kids to play it. Play it against them.

5. Report back here, or to me directly if you prefer - what's good and what isn't.

(Optional 6. Ask friends etc to have a go too)

For every install made (which I will track by the use of the BHAFC code) NSC will make a donation to the REMF

Disclaimer: I'm doing some work with the company developing the app but I have no financial involvement in the company itself, although an Albion fan and NSCer does.

Just followed the link to the whatever it is and my antivirus said "beware ect ect " so sorry, not for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just followed the link to the whatever it is and my antivirus said "beware ect ect " so sorry, not for me.

Those are direct links to iTunes and Google Play. I'm not sure links get much safer than that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Done it. I’m really not a game player, I have no idea what I’m supposed to do, but I’ve installed it, and used the redeem code as requested. No kids so can’t help there, will be seeing godchildren at the weekend so will see what they think.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I can't find a bloody spanner? Just seems to be rolling through loads of screens and I don't seem to be doing anything other than hitting the screen.

To be fair, I usually don't have a clue with these APPS, unless it is the Stranger Things game. I liked that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is actually quite an addictive, fun, educational-ish game.

I think so.

On a walk a couple of weeks ago I heard my son talking to one of the other kids about the need to look after the Amazon rainforest because it produces 20% of our oxygen. I wondered where he got that from and then, the next time I opened the app I read it myself. So, he is taking stuff in that he reads when he plays it.

Aside from that - you're pushing my charitable nature somewhat now with your trade requests!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't find a bloody spanner? Just seems to be rolling through loads of screens and I don't seem to be doing anything other than hitting the screen.

To be fair, I usually don't have a clue with these APPS, unless it is the Stranger Things game. I liked that.

You'll be going through the new user stuff where you're bombarded with many things (possibly too many). You'll get there soon enough if you haven't already.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
£53 to the REMF so far. Cheap round...

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 15.39.05.png

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Bit of feedback so far for you [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - not sure if its my device (Moto G4, Android 7.0) but twice now I've gone to Play Conquest and its done 'search for opponent' and then takes me back to edit my backpack without any message as to why. Killing the App and restarting it has fixed the issue.

I also had it hang on me during the initial setup and again closing the app and restarting it fixed it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bit of feedback so far for you [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - not sure if its my device (Moto G4, Android 7.0) but twice now I've gone to Play Conquest and its done 'search for opponent' and then takes me back to edit my backpack without any message as to why. Killing the App and restarting it has fixed the issue.

I also had it hang on me during the initial setup and again closing the app and restarting it fixed it.

Thanks - I'll feed that back to the technical development chaps.

There are a couple of small stability issues, but there shouldn't be anything like you describe.

(Now: £56.)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Your backpack needs to have the right no. of cards and their collective weight (number in the top left of each card) cannot exceed 60. You may find that it needs you to edit your cards by tapping one without telling you that.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Your backpack needs to have the right no. of cards and their collective weight (number in the top left of each card) cannot exceed 60. You may find that it needs you to edit your cards by tapping one without telling you that.

Thanks! I'll bear that in mind next time I play it. Not sure why quitting the app and restarting would fix that issue though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here