Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Gmail issues

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Trying to help daughter. For some reason and without any warning not getting any emails for 2 weeks. But, can open and send emails (which do get sent) perfectly fine.

Using the standard Gmail app.

Can't find any support, have tried googling but all I can see is security stuff (have changed p/w) and stuff when Gmail is down

Have posted on Gsuite which is what I got taken to when going to support.google but nobody replied (2 days ago)

Any sensible ideas would be appreciated

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Check her Google storage quota (15gb unless you pay extra) isn't filled up. If she she's Google Photos to upload original quality photos/videos from her phone, then that can get filled up fairly quickly. If it does get filled up, Google will not allow you to receive any emails. However, they would normally inform you of this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Check Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP

...to see if there is a forwarding address setup which is diverting all incoming emails somewhere else. It could have been done by accident, by someone maliciously or even by an app if your daughter was experimenting with some sort of mail management app or service.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Trying to help daughter. For some reason and without any warning not getting any emails for 2 weeks. But, can open and send emails (which do get sent) perfectly fine.

Using the standard Gmail app.

Can't find any support, have tried googling but all I can see is security stuff (have changed p/w) and stuff when Gmail is down

Have posted on Gsuite which is what I got taken to when going to support.google but nobody replied (2 days ago)

Any sensible ideas would be appreciated

What [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said and if that is not the case, Have you tried accessing via the browser to eliminate app issues?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Check on the web interface and have a look at ALL MAIL and JUNK, it might be getting filtered.

Do senders get a rejection back ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Check her Google storage quota (15gb unless you pay extra) isn't filled up. If she she's Google Photos to upload original quality photos/videos from her phone, then that can get filled up fairly quickly. If it does get filled up, Google will not allow you to receive any emails. However, they would normally inform you of this.

She only changed to gmail 3/4 months ago ... just looked and she's only used 1% of storage

Check Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP

...to see if there is a forwarding address setup which is diverting all incoming emails somewhere else. It could have been done by accident, by someone maliciously or even by an app if your daughter was experimenting with some sort of mail management app or service.

None that I can see, I assume it would be fairly evident. on that tab though both POP and IMAP are disabled ... would that be correct?

What I didn't mention was about a week ago (but a week after she stopped getting mail) I got a security alert from Google (as I am a linked account for recovery) saying that her account had been accessed from a new Mac device. We ignored it as she has signed in from several. Yesterday when I set about trying to help her fix I came across a screen showing recent log ins or similar ... there was one showing as Los Angeles (where she isn't!) and I hit the box saying 'I don't recognise' but nothing happened ... meaning it didn't take me anywhere else

May not have explained that too well :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Change her password.
2. Activate 2 Factor Authentication so a text is sent to her mobile if access is attempted from another device/location.

Check Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses - is there a filter in place that's moving everything to trash.

What do you see if you look in trash - is there anything recent or is it completely empty?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Nothing in there helped but I did see the link to a Gmail forum where I posted the problem so that's a good help

1. Change her password.
2. Activate 2 Factor Authentication so a text is sent to her mobile if access is attempted from another device/location.

Check Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses - is there a filter in place that's moving everything to trash.

What do you see if you look in trash - is there anything recent or is it completely empty?

Had changed password ... 2 factor set up

Bingo ... it's all going into Trash ... but I can't see anything in Filters and Blocked addresses that's doing it :(

Thanks for the help ... just need to find out what's doing it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here