Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

State Pension delay to age 70 for under 30's?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh great news!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given the run down state of the NHS and the loss of the EU workers rights will anyone actually now make it to 70?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Given the run down state of the NHS and the loss of the EU workers rights will anyone actually now make it to 70?

Which loss of EU workers rights is that, I've not heard of any, did I miss the announcement ? I guess compulsory euthanasia is on the cards then.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the push on workplace pensions you can easily see the state pension age being pushed back and also not enjoying the current treble lock so that it losses its value in real terms. I would also expect the current age of 55 at which most people can access private pensions is increased in the future also.

How long will [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] be longing for retirement with these changes?

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What have public sector pensions got to do with the state pension?

Absolutely nothing!

I suspect it was an attempt to turn private sector workers against public sector workers, in order to promote divide-and-rule among ordinary working people (which Tories love to do). Then when everyone is squabbling and blaming each other for an economic or social problem, the top 1% will carry on awarding themselves £millions in salaries, bonuses - and pensions!

No-one ever says 'We can't afford the rich, because they are taking too much of the country's earnings and wealth for themselves, and not leaving enough for the rest of us'!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
70 is only the start, I attended a future strategy trend last year where the prediction is children born today will not retire until at least 75, the NHS has to change radically (needs to actively manage your health not react to your sickness), euthanasia was also raised. By the way it is more like the top .1% who earn millions, too 1% us only around £150k so not millions

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What have public sector pensions got to do with the state pension?

Well they are both funded on a hand to mouth basis.

A public sector pension is worth the equivalent of around 25% premium on top of salary, sooner the government gets rids of defined benefit schemes the better.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
euthanasia was also raised...
Seems inevitable that at some stage we are going to need to confront this issue. People living to ever greater ages in ever greater states of decrepitude is logically unsustainable.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems inevitable that at some stage we are going to need to confront this issue. People living to ever greater ages in ever greater states of decrepitude is logically unsustainable.

Can see at some point, early termination being offered for a enhanced pension in return

They are both pensions and are either wholly or partly paid from public funds.

My public sector pension was paid for by my monthly contributions and by the fact that my pay level was lower than what I might have earned in the private sector.

State pensions are paid for out of general taxation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here