Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Liverpool off-site hospitality

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone on here use it? How was it? Curious.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. Last season. *Overpriced I'd say. But we did get to meet Roy Evans.

*That said it was the only one I did last year so I have no comparators. Main gripe is the seats are half as comfy as ours, and the in-match catering was a bit meh. At least nobody was pissing in the sink in the bogs like they were last time I went to Anfield (for Liverpool vs Leeds in the 90s).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes. Last season. *Overpriced I'd say. But we did get to meet Roy Evans.

*That said it was the only one I did last year so I have no comparators. Main gripe is the seats are half as comfy as ours, and the in-match catering was a bit meh. At least nobody was pissing in the sink in the bogs like they were last time I went to Anfield (for Liverpool vs Leeds in the 90s).

I meant the Brighton off-site hospitality at Stamner House :smile:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe I'm being a bit daft here but if you go to watch a match and use hospitality wouldn't you want it to be NEAR the match rather than a hike away ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe I'm being a bit daft here but if you go to watch a match and use hospitality wouldn't you want it to be NEAR the match rather than a hike away ?

I totally agree. It’s quite a trek from Stamner House and it’s not something I’d be interested in. They had a 100 spaces for sale, I’m curious as to what it was like.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Suspect the Albion picked up the idea from Liverpool, who have off site at Aintree and other places in the city then ferry the punters to Anfield by coach. It’s very lucrative as the club restricts season tickets to just 26,000 to generate more money per head from tourists and prawn sandwich munchers.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I totally agree. It’s quite a trek from Stamner House and it’s not something I’d be interested in. They had a 100 spaces for sale, I’m curious as to what it was like.

I’m surprised they had 100 1901 seats available for these punters. Normal hospitality for this game was sold out weeks ago; and we know that standard 1901 seating is sold out too, and I can’t believe that many 1901ers returned their seats to the club.

I suspect that they either put these folk in East 1901 or created a new (temporary?) 1901 area (some of the shelf, perhaps?).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m surprised they had 100 1901 seats available for these punters. Normal hospitality for this game was sold out weeks ago; and we know that standard 1901 seating is sold out too, and I can’t believe that many 1901ers returned their seats to the club.

I suspect that they either put these folk in East 1901 or created a new (temporary?) 1901 area (some of the shelf, perhaps?).

I think it was that shelf area.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who are all the freeloaders/prawn sandwich munchers seated in and around the new, shiny TV Box?

You seem to have a right bee-in-your-bonnet about hospitality.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think it was that shelf area.

I know one of the staff members in the corporate section, she said it went very well, the only complaints were that it was a bit chilly as they were in a marquee, but apparently the rest of it went very well with no problems.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Strewth. Those who pay for hospitality have to walk ?

I assumed they'd lay on transport to the door. Shoddy if not.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I did look into it for a friend who was interested in taking his dad to the match as a birthday treat. It looked a fair deal though pricey - £200 for meal before then either a walk to the ground or coach then half time tea and refreshments and then a bit of hospitality afterwards. He balked at the price though and took his old man for a curry instead !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here