Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Magnificent Away Performance

el punal

No, not our splendid team who acquitted themselves valiantly against Man.United, but our wonderful supporters. From first to last sang, cheered, chanted and swore our boys on. I have been to many an away game and the backing the team got was up there with the best.

Of particular note for me was taking my ten year old grandson to his first away match. Naturally, I was a bit concerned about how he would deal with it. I needn’t have worried, apart from the result, he loved every single second of it. His highlight was the complete bat shittedness of celebration when Gross scored. Bodies tumbling everywhere in an orgy of delight in block 231.

So well done boys and girls, I now have to recite all the words of our infamous chants to him, including the “Go left, go right . . . so f*** off Palace or you will die” song.

Oh well, he’s joined the big boys now and cannot wait for the next gig! :albion2:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
An occasion and memory you will enjoy for years

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
No, not our splendid team who acquitted themselves valiantly against Man.United, but our wonderful supporters. From first to last sang, cheered, chanted and swore our boys on. I have been to many an away game and the backing the team got was up there with the best.

Of particular note for me was taking my ten year old grandson to his first away match. Naturally, I was a bit concerned about how he would deal with it. I needn’t have worried, apart from the result, he loved every single second of it. His highlight was the complete bat shittedness of celebration when Gross scored. Bodies tumbling everywhere in an orgy of delight in block 231.

So well done boys and girls, I now have to recite all the words of our infamous chants to him, including the “Go left, go right . . . so f*** off Palace or you will die” song.

Oh well, he’s joined the big boys now and cannot wait for the next gig! :albion2:

Can you provide other examples of ‘swearing our boys on’?

Were there choruses of “Good old f***ing Sussex by the Sea?”, “We’ve got Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert, I don’t think you sh**ing understand” and “Chrissie Hughton’s Blue and White b***ards”?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can anyone post the words to a song yesterday, the chorus I think is about 'Dunk is one of our own' (Not the usual chant of course).

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
Can anyone post the words to a song yesterday, the chorus I think is about 'Dunk is one of our own' (Not the usual chant of course).

Summat like.....

From Withdean to Wembley
Everywhere we go
Blocking shots and scoring goals
Dunk is one of our own
Dunk is one of our own

el punal

Can you provide other examples of ‘swearing our boys on’?

Were there choruses of “Good old f***ing Sussex by the Sea?”, “We’ve got Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert, I don’t think you sh**ing understand” and “Chrissie Hughton’s Blue and White b***ards”?

Okay then, a few choice words aimed at the ref, linesman, Pogba, need I go on . . . Jeez! :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Best bit of MOTD was at the very start of the Utd highlights hearing SBTS being sung loud and proud well above the tourist murmur

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Same happened in 232 they really cram you in there dont they. I always get lost with that song apart from the last bit :blush:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Best bit of MOTD was at the very start of the Utd highlights hearing SBTS being sung loud and proud well above the tourist murmur

They were playing Glory Glory over the tannoy but you couldnt hear it till we finished and MOTD couldnt wait that long :D. Love our fans.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Great experience for your grandson. Some of my happiest memories are of taking my kids to away matches - helps to broaden their vocabulary!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here