Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef Msakni

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We almost got hold of McGinn who is now being lorded as the best player in the Championship and an absolute bargain at £2.75m. I’m sure he’d have fitted in just fine, I don’t think EPL experience is necessarily needed for a player to perform straight-out-the-box.

Bournemouth have been good at recognising young British players who can make the step up to Prem level with both Brooks and Cook. Believe that Hughton would probably be hesitant to throw any player in at the deep end unless it was essential, as it just doesn't seem his way of going about things.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bournemouth have been good at recognising young British players who can make the step up to Prem level

Let them have their Wankie Solanke.

Any flights from Tunisia to LGW due today? It would be good to get the Tunisian Salah in the hatch before another club gets a sniff!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
While I like what our recruitment department has done on the whole, I still think we should have bought a tried and trusted Premier League-ready midfield player. How many points have we dropped while waiting to find out whether Bissouma, Alireza, Izquierdo and Locadia could cut it in English football? I know home-grown players or foreign players with a year or two over here come at a premium but that is part of the reason why. You know what you are getting and that they know how to play in this league. Wages, of course, are also an issue, but we’re playing with the big kids now.

You can add propper and gross to that list. I see what you're saying, but we might never have discovered what these players had to offer if Sidwell had been fit and we'd just played him all season instead

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We almost got hold of McGinn who is now being lorded as the best player in the Championship and an absolute bargain at £2.75m. I’m sure he’d have fitted in just fine, I don’t think EPL experience is necessarily needed for a player to perform straight-out-the-box.

Really missed out on him.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't quite get the, 'couldn't accept a long term contract at his age' bit, as i thought that when of a certain age, that this is exactly what players wanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here