Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s ref Stuart Attwell

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When he gave the offside in our own half you knew we were onto a winner.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Allowing Chelsea to take a free kick for offside in our half was laughable.

Technically one of the worst decisions Ive seen at the Amex. Surely the Lino who gave the decision should have had a word. Made them look stupid.

Thought he was too lenient with the big names and when the keeper kicked the ball after he had been carded for wasting time surely it should’ve been a 2nd yellow.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The linesman should have spoken up about that elbow. It happened right in front of him.
Chelsea got double the number of free kicks we did.
And how do you get a free kick taken for offside in your own half? Atteell watched Chelsea pick up the ball and throw it 10 yards over the halfway line.
Really amazed at the lack of knowledge of the laws of game from some supporters.

The position from where the free kick is NOW where the player receives the ball or from where they were originally in the offside position. Therefore running back from an offside into your on half and receiving the ball the restart is from that position. Here endth the lesson

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When he gave the offside in our own half you knew we were onto a winner.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Allowing Chelsea to take a free kick for offside in our half was laughable.

Technically one of the worst decisions Ive seen at the Amex. Surely the Lino who gave the decision should have had a word. Made them look stupid.

Thought he was too lenient with the big names and when the keeper kicked the ball after he had been carded for wasting time surely it should’ve been a 2nd yellow.
Read my post

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really amazed at the lack of knowledge of the laws of game from some supporters.

The position from where the free kick is NOW where the player receives the ball or from where they were originally in the offside position. Therefore running back from an offside into your on half and receiving the ball the restart is from that position. Here endth the lesson

You cannot be offside in your own half.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I’m stunned! I watch loads of football, live and on TV and I’ve never heard this before......or is this a wind up?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’m stunned! I watch loads of football, live and on TV and I’ve never heard this before......or is this a wind up?

No I know the laws.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Alonso should have already had two yellows by the time he elbowed Knocky (drawing blood) when he was lucky not to see red (unlike our French hero).

He eventually got a yellow but should have been off.

Other than that - he did ok.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You can if you have run back from the opposing half, Sorry, the decision was correct.

I bow to your greater knowledge but why was this law changed? Doesn’t it make the Lino look a bit of a prat standing there with his flag pointing across the pitch?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Loved his chats with players ..wasted as much time as the Chelsea goalie...inconsistent ..carded Andone, why not the hairy one? ..did he favour the big club?

Absolutely he did, and it's not often I will admit to that, Luiz should have been given a red for being the last man, and dispite Attwell waving his yellow card at the Chelsea keeper for time wasting it didn't make a jot of difference, he simply continued to waste more and more time, with no retribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here