Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker 36 - level - WE ARE STAYING UP

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like we need to load up in the next 2 games, before the following 2.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Thank you for doing this. The remaining home game predictions look very optimistic to me. Wins against Burnley, Watford, Leicester and Huddersfield? Very unlikely. We’ll be doing well to win two of those on current home form. And no away win for the rest of the season? If we’re going to stay up we are going to have to win at least one more away game, if not two.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thank you for doing this. The remaining home game form predictions look very optimistic to me. Wins against Burnley, Watford, Leicester and Huddersfield? Very unlikely. We’ll be doing well to win two of those on current home form. And no away win for the rest of the season? If we’re going to stay up we are going to have to win at least one more away game, if not two.

Agreed but remember the premise of the predictions - win at home to last seasons bottom ten and draw away to last seasons bottom ten. Nothing else.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Agreed but remember the premise of the predictions - win at home to last seasons bottom ten and draw away to last seasons bottom ten. Nothing else.

Hudds is definitely included there, surely? Must be one of the games we need to gain points from.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Assuming we lose today - currently 2-0 down, we are about level I'd suggest now.

Pity as we were well placed a few games ago, and today offered a great opportunity.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Assuming we lose today - currently 2-0 down, we are about level I'd suggest now.

Pity as we were well placed a few games ago, and today offered a great opportunity.
More worried about how we are playing than the charts. Not sure what's happened to us. We look dreadful

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quick update after yesterday's disappointment. We are now right on par for 40 points.

16 games in, we have been as expected in 8, better than expected in 4, and worse than expected in 4.

Slightly worrying we need 7 points out of the next 5 games to maintain parity with two of these away to Chelsea and Spurs. A tough ask on current form. But I wouldn't rule out a cheeky point against one of those. Hard to see us beating both Burnley and Watford though.

Note on the same basis Palace are now five points behind, but need to beat at Watford at home this week just to maintain that.

Attachments

• Fixtures after Huddersfield.png
    Fixtures after Huddersfield.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 363
  • Graph after Huddersfield.png
    Graph after Huddersfield.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 365

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I see a major flaw in your plan.

We have 11 home games left and 4 are against top 6 sides. That leaves 7.

You have forecast us to win 6 of these when our last 4 home games (ignoring Liverpool) have all been draws.

Your tracker is depressing reading now :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I see a major flaw in your plan.

We have 11 home games left and 4 are against top 6 sides. That leaves 7.

You have forecast us to win 6 of these when our last 4 home games (ignoring Liverpool) have all been draws.

Your tracker is depressing reading now :)

Not my plan, just an independent way of tracking progress.

I agree with your assessment, we are in the brown stuff.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Huddersfield are obviously going for a home fortress mentality as the best way to stay up.

We need to do the same.

The difference being that they go for their home games from start to finish whereas we start lethargic and lazy as though we're trying not to over-tire and then go 1-0 down and end up chasing the game.

We have got to change and quickly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't see how it is possible to get 6 points vs Burnley and Watford.

We seem to be about to fall significantly behind target.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
23 points by Boxing day seems very unrealistic right now the way we’re playing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Winning the next two home games will require a significant change of mentality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here