Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He can say it but do you really think we would have let it happen? Seriously? The all powerful U.K.

If it happened (and remember, he's not a politician in power at the moment, though he may become one; it's just his party's vision, not official EU policy - yet) then seriously, yes. We'd be out like a shot; I don't believe that that many remainers would be in favour of a U.S.E - I'm just staggered that so many seem content to stick their fingers in their ears and go 'La, la, la - it wouldn't happen to us.' Fortunately, we're leaving anyway, so it's a hypothetical question.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If it happened (and remember, he's not a politician in power at the moment, though he may become one; it's just his party's vision, not official EU policy - yet) then seriously, yes. We'd be out like a shot; I don't believe that that many remainers would be in favour of a U.S.E - I'm just staggered that so many seem content to stick their fingers in their ears and go 'La, la, la - it wouldn't happen to us.' Fortunately, we're leaving anyway, so it's a hypothetical question.

The only worry I have about a United States of Europe is that it gets created without UK input and that they wont let us in.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Had the vote gone 48-52 the other way it would have been essential that the views of a substantial minority be taken into consideration and that would have ruled out further integration. This is how I would have felt and I think a very large number of remainers would have felt the same. I hope that we would have been rather more gracious and less Klopp-like in 'victory' than some have been.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will presume you've been drinking,and let you off the lying,as you watered it down a bit to fibbing.I presume you have looked up where Bryan Robson was in 72,as you are not disputing he was a youth player at West Brom.The pub we were drinking in has since become a chinese restaurant but somebody kindly sent me a link to a Guardian article about the 'Three Degrees',which mentions the pub and the players drinking habits.
View attachment 91788

View attachment 91789

I’m not disputing Bryan Robson was at West Brom in 1972; I found that out when I checked his age. But he had just signed as a schoolboy at the tender age of 15. I find it very difficult to believe that you were out drinking with this, then completely unknown, schoolboy footballer. Bullshit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will presume you've been drinking,and let you off the lying,as you watered it down a bit to fibbing.I presume you have looked up where Bryan Robson was in 72,as you are not disputing he was a youth player at West Brom.The pub we were drinking in has since become a chinese restaurant but somebody kindly sent me a link to a Guardian article about the 'Three Degrees',which mentions the pub and the players drinking habits.
View attachment 91788

View attachment 91789

Ah. Regis etc were at West Brom 5 years later in 1977. The article relates to a period 5 years after you claim. None of this stacks up. You’re definitely bullshitting.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not really the right wing Brexit headbangers are in a very small minority , it's just their mouths are so loud

A 30m plus minority .... a larger minority then voted to remain.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so they've made an agreement, DUP leader says shes happy (i.e. been briefed and feels included). what a surprise.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh what a surprise ! Was never going to be any other way. Brinkmanship by the EU failed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So here it is.

here's the more NI specific line - 'the UK will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the all island economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement.'

In other words...we follow rules we have no say over. Control is well and truly back. I predict a Farage/Reece-mogg meltdown by lunchtime. Soft Brexit folks.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So here it is.

here's the more NI specific line - 'the UK will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the all island economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement.'

In other words...we follow rules we have no say over. Control is well and truly back. I predict a Farage/Reece-mogg meltdown by lunchtime. Soft Brexit folks.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss,:rock:h

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So here it is.

This is the paradox that negotiators face. As Mrs May trumpeted for a while after she cut her majority to a minority" Nothing Has Changed "... There has to be some form of alignment it's just trying to weasel the words so that everyone is mostly happy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So here it is.

ie the Norway model. So basically the UK will still be in the EU in all but name.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
NI maybe but not the UK .... a small but very important detail.

But there’s ‘no red line’ down the Irish Sea. So in effect England will also have the same freedoms.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, as remainers, can we not claim that "We've got our EU back"?

The way it’s going is the UK is still in the EU in all but name and the EU gets to power ahead without the UK and it’s silly constant vetoes holding it back. I could agree to this. I never thought there could be a win-win with Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here