Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They’ll improve, can’t see leaving exactly as is. That would be completely tin pot and they aren’t...hang on a second. They’re NOT improving the Arthur Waite?

From what I can see, they're painting the roof white (or cladding it, its hard to tell). Not much detail in that promo video.

I'd have been interested to see some aerial views, but maybe that's all in the pipeline. Or pipedream, who knows. After all, we've seen them come out with gubbins like this before and its never even come close to becoming a reality. We had Dick Knight, Martin Perry, Derek Chapman and Tony Bloom driving our building project. They've got Disney, a couple of clueless yanks, and Mark not-so Bright. Lets see how far they get.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
But we never called it home and we certainly weren’t proud of it!

Maybe you didnt want to call it home but maybe you should be proud of your club and where it plays its home games. A regeneration is very much welcome but most Palace fans are proud of Selhurst as hard as you may find it to believe.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Question Dougie, Where is all that land shown leading up to the new stand coming from, is there not a fairly new housing estate and a Sainsbury car park there at present?

There's a fair bit of space there...

CPFC aerial.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will they still have the exclamation mark on "EAGLES !" ?

I've always loved that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe you didnt want to call it home but maybe you should be proud of your club and where it plays its home games. A regeneration is very much welcome but most Palace fans are proud of Selhurst as hard as you may find it to believe.
I am proud of my club, Jesus, name me a Brighton fan who isn’t after all we’ve been through! but as for where we played, I’m equally not proud of Gillingham. Maybe when you’ve played 2 years 150 miles away and then sat for 11 years in the pissing rain at Withdean you’d get it. Until then, shut it, you Palace Slaaaaaag! :)

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I am proud of my club, Jesus, name me a Brighton fan who isn’t after all we’ve been through! but as for where we played, I’m equally not proud of Gillingham. Maybe when you’ve played 2 years 150 miles away and then sat for 11 years in the pissing rain at Withdean you’d get it. Until then, shut it, you Palace Slaaaaaag! :)

ive sat in a toilet for 20 years pfffffft

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Breaking News: Brighton fans in "Palaces new stadium plans look sh1t" shocker

34k keep up lads.
Palace average attendances this season: 24,728.
Brighton average attendances this season: 30,324.

So keep up with what, number of empty seats?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
But I thought there was housing circling that car park and if there is, then surely the height showing in artists impression will block there natural light?

That's why I believe it's going to be a glass facade, letting light through. The council have indicated that they may put a compulsory purchase order on those houses near the new build. The Crystal Palace design is quiet clever, and hopefully the Jerk Chicken shop in Whitehorse Lane will follow our lead and up grade.
The Arthur will have a upgrade, with the monsterous tv gantry going, and a bigger concourse for whinging snooty away fans.
Hopefully they avoid your mistake of having a coloured cladding roof that loses colour and is covered in seagull shit.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's why I believe it's going to be a glass facade, letting light through. The council have indicated that they may put a compulsory purchase order on those houses near the new build. The Crystal Palace design is quiet clever, and hopefully the Jerk Chicken shop in Whitehorse Lane will follow our lead and up grade.
The Arthur will have a upgrade, with the monsterous tv gantry going, and a bigger concourse for whinging snooty away fans.
Hopefully they avoid your mistake of having a coloured cladding roof that loses colour and is covered in seagull shit.

Well, it could hardly downgrade, could it?

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/ne...nd_mice_earn_Caribbean_takeway___30_000_fine/

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

So compulsory purchased houses and a complete stand rebuild for a £100 mill Are they paying the house owners a penny in the pound ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Good luck with that then, look forward to visiting new Selhurst in 2034 when permission finally granted....

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Palace average attendances this season: 24,728.
Brighton average attendances this season: 30,324.

So keep up with what, number of empty seats?

Errrr yeh- but your capacity is currently bigger than ours? I dont get it. Also we do not sell the restricted view seats any longer in the PL.

Did you also see that Palace top most % of capacity attendance in the league?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Errrr yeh- but your capacity is currently bigger than ours? I dont get it. Also we do not sell the restricted view seats any longer in the PL.

Did you also see that Palace top most % of capacity attendance in the league?

Your maths is as bad as your spelling. Brighton 98% versus Palace 94% on those figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here