Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Galatasary scarf ?

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Tourists.

I had to take my Spanish mate in his local Spanish team shirt and a Brighton scarf into Millwall home gate to get a photo....fun!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Did anyone see the Turkish looking lads outside Dicks Bar after the final whistle, walking around with a Galatasary scarf held up? Surprised more Brighton fans didn’t have a word ? Walked happily past police too. Very odd but defo weren’t Brighton fans

Not sure if it was them but my Worthing based Turkish friend told me last night that some of his friends had gone to the game having got tickets from Emre Can. They might have been waiting for the players to come out to see Emre and thank him for the tickets.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Why for example would a Galatasaray or say Fenerbahce fan have a problem with someone like you or I going to one of their games wearing an Albion scarf? Their main rivals i would maybe understand, but a foreign club they've probably hardly ever heard of. You're likely basing your opinions on a few dozen tabloid articles from the beginning of this century.

I expect they would TBH

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Friendly tel aviv fans last year bought me a pint - they were there supporting their israeli boys - dressed in all their clubs gear. I dont have a problem with this - it's not like we are in direct competition.

Have we all noticed the increased number of tourists this year - many who i assume are chinese

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Friendly tel aviv fans last year bought me a pint - they were there supporting their israeli boys - dressed in all their clubs gear. I dont have a problem with this - it's not like we are in direct competition.

Have we all noticed the increased number of tourists this year - many who i assume are chinese
There's usually a group or two about the place.
I've seen some Scandinavians and a group of school kids from Malta (their t-shirts were a give away)
I wouldn't be so bold as to presume every oriental I see at the game was Chinese, (you just can't help yourself can you :lol: ) if anything I'd guess Japanese due to the Rugby World Cup, but what do I know.

On Saturday there were half a dozen well dressed fellas heading into the East Stand Lounge.
Each one had a large bag from the club shop bulging full of stuff.
Chances are there was over £1000 spent between them...

...I walked in a bought a pie.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On Saturday there were half a dozen well dressed fellas heading into the East Stand Lounge.
Each one had a large bag from the club shop bulging full of stuff.
Chances are there was over £1000 spent between them...

All the tourists I've seen were wearing brand new scarves, hats, etc etc all freshly bought from the club shop for the game. Seems like they're spending plenty of money in club shop on top of tickets/food/etc. Club must love them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the tourists I've seen were wearing brand new scarves, hats, etc etc all freshly bought from the club shop for the game. Seems like they're spending plenty of money in club shop on top of tickets/food/etc. Club must love them.
I never really gave it much thought (why would I) but it's the axe Alan Davies uses when grinding down on Arsenal's 'problems'.

Why would Mr Barber want subsidised me as a fan?
I roll up as late as possible (still frighteningly early), if he's lucky I'll buy a pie and a coffee, then I'm out the door with 'Praise You' ringing in my ears.
If it weren't for Stat Club Juniors and their multitude of shirts, from a business perspective, I'd be the worst 'customer' ever.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whilst I don't personally have a problem with tourist fans coming to see games and spending money at our club I wonder if foreign fans would be made welcome in the home end at Galatasary? Your experiences of Turkish people in Istanbul may have been positive however go to a football match wearing another teams colours and I fear you will quickly see a different side of the story.

I can’t see what relevance what would happen in Turkey has.

There’s no issue with them attending and I’m pleased that they are interested in coming to our club and spending a few quid here.

There are places where I would go to a game abroad and some that I wouldn’t, but they have no relevance to anyone coming to watch a game in Brighton.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I sometimes wear my Hamilton Accies hat to the Amex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well done. I must introduce you to a fellow Seagulls fan who had a trial for Hamilton ( or it could have been that he had a trial IN Hamilton - possibly both).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here