Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have been really struggling to think of a reason why I should give a toss what a miserable clown like you thinks,but can't find one.

Can I step in and answer? Given the embarrassing, childish and semi-literate manner you carry on one reason could be simple personal pride?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet] 937248672366120960[/tweet]

Heard that on Marr, I literally choked on my cornflakes. Is he saying that he is going to give some of it for his ex for having an affair for all those years?

He's probably praying that sterling / Euro rate continues to fall as well, more money!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Heard that on Marr, I literally chocked on my cornflakes. He's probably praying that sterling / Euro rate continues to fall as well, more money!!!

Genuinely intrigued to see how our resident Leavers spin this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nicko choking on his muesli, Clampy/nibble and Ernie outraged ...

Nigel-Farage-010.jpg

He must be doing something right :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Nigel-Farage-010.jpg

Just further underlines the narcissistic nature of the guy. He is faux friend of the working man, he's stitched up the leavers like a kipper.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Nigel-Farage-010.jpg

Oh dear, I'm afraid that is the face of a man who has turned over people whom he conned into believing in him. He got you to vote him into a position of being able to walk away from the EU ministry with the appearance of dignity and doing the right thing while still being paid 73,000K a year. Which will be paid, in part, by you. Well done, you've been stitched up like a right kipper.

So you , JC Foty Genius/AlfredMizen/Bushy, will just ignore it and attempt humour. It's much like your attitude to Brexit, just ignore that it's going absolutely tits up, throw some insults around and hope nobody notices that you know you ****ed up.

And where did I say I was outraged? IDO think it is pretty outrageous though. Most normal people would. Most leavers probably would, especially at being let down by their hero. Yes, yes, we are leaving, you won the vote. Somehow I doubt you will like your prize.

What do YOU think of him keeping his pension?

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Heard that on Marr, I literally choked on my cornflakes. Is he saying that he is going to give some of it for his ex for having an affair for all those years?

He's probably praying that sterling / Euro rate continues to fall as well, more money!!!

How many politicians from all persuasions are pulling pensions or soon will do who many think don't deserve it ? Plenty Blair, )Cameron and so on. He's just taking what he's entitled to. Would you give your pension up for a belief?I very much doubt it

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How many politicians from all persuasions are pulling pensions or soon will do who many think don't deserve it ? Plenty Blair, )Cameron and so on. He's just taking what he's entitled to. Would you give your pension up for a belief?I very much doubt it

Oh come off it. He has built a career, a life on deriding the EU and steering the country to vote Leave. He has nothing but criticism for the EU, even insults them to their face yet is willing to take their pay and pension.

Would I want to give up my pension? Not at all. In his position though, I would have no choice but to refuse it. Will he? Nope, he's a hypocritical worm. Lowest of the low. Absolute scum.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just further underlines the narcissistic nature of the guy. He is faux friend of the working man, he's stitched up the leavers like a kipper.

I believe that remoaners also pay the taxes that go to pay his salary, so who's the stitched up kippers now? Us happy leavers are quite happy with him, thank you! Have a great day in this wonderful post referendum world!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As one of many reasons for leaving, it's good enough for me (and a few others - slightly more than your lot!)

I appreciate that there were various reasons for you leaving but I'm surprised that exemplary examples of the EU listening to nation states and agreeing to accommodate their wishes were among them. But otherwise I agree with you - more people people believed stuff about rerun referendums, straight bananas, EU armies and 200 quid a month in your back pocket than didn't.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I believe that remoaners also pay the taxes that go to pay his salary, so who's the stitched up kippers now? Us happy leavers are quite happy with him, thank you! Have a great day in this wonderful post referendum world!

Plain don't believe you. I did think this would be the (false) reaction by you lot. Why you would want to appear to be deluded is quite something, but I suppose after the brexit vote, leavers looking deluded is the norm. Shame.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nigel-Farage-010.jpg

So let me get this right. Farage campaigns to leave the EU but continues to be an MEP and now wants his EU pension. It seems the EU is fine and dandy when it’s paying him money. And he then implies his actions are going to affect people financially negatively....but that’s alright as him and his family are shielded by the good ol EU. What an absolute **** of a man. Don’t you feel shafted by this slime ball?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Does he still take private plane rides? #FingersCrossed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I appreciate that there were various reasons for you leaving but I'm surprised that exemplary examples of the EU listening to nation states and agreeing to accommodate their wishes were among them. But otherwise I agree with you - more people people believed stuff about rerun referendums, straight bananas, EU armies and 200 quid a month in your back pocket than didn't.
To get back to your original point, I don't think reluctantly making minor concessions in order to get the 'right' result in re-run referendums can justifiably be described as 'a major shift'. Had they lost the second referendum, they would just have slightly re-arranged the words and pushed on until they got the 'right' result - or just changed it from a 'Treaty' to an 'Agreement', or something similar, and then decide it didn't need to be approved by a referendum anyway. After all, it's the EU way...........

P.S. Please remind me, as a leaver, am I supposed to be for or against straight bananas? :smile:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So now we have a load of hypocrites having a go at Nige.I bet there isn't a single one of you who hasn't had a go at their employer,but are still quite happy to take their cash/benefits.People who worship the Kinnocks,Blairs,Browns,and Steptoes are really scraping the barrel having a go at our saviour.:lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So let me get this right. Farage campaigns to leave the EU but continues to be an MEP and now wants his EU pension. It seems the EU is fine and dandy when it’s paying him money. And he then implies his actions are going to affect people financially negatively....but that’s alright as him and his family are shielded by the good ol EU. What an absolute **** of a man. Don’t you feel shafted by this slime ball?

Yes he campaigned to leave the EU representing the millions who voted for UKIP (the party that won the European elections), he was successful. Therefore ending his and all UK MEP's jobs. So he is giving up an £84,000 salary (plus generous expenses) for his principles ... don't know many (any) politicians who would do that. Expecting him to also forgo the pension afforded to all those who have enjoyed the gravy train (Kinnocks/Mandelson) seems a bit tokenistic especially as he has done so much for our nation.

6/10?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can I step in and answer? Given the embarrassing, childish and semi-literate manner you carry on one reason could be simple personal pride?

You can step up to your neck in bull-crap for all I care.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A shameless hypocrite. He rails against the so-called EU gravy train, but all too happy to cash in when it suits him. Secretly I reckon he backs the £50bn Brexit divorce bill that includes money to pay for his EU pension.

The bloke is like a virus. Can't Trump just give him a green card, I'm sure Murdoch would give him a job at Fox News

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here