Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agnostic vs Atheist

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As an atheist I'm OK with people believing in things there's no evidence for

You're happy to accept my reasons for being an agnostic. That's good.

To answer the OP, agnostics still have that 1% fear in them, just in case it goes tits up when they die. Like believing in ghosts - they don't believe in them but ask them to partake in a seance with a ouija board?

Oh.. you're not happy to accept my reasons for being an agnostic. Apparently I'm not telling the truth when I say that it's because I genuinely don't know but because I'm afraid. Cheers for telling me what I think.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You're happy to accept my reasons for being an agnostic. That's good.

Oh.. you're not happy to accept my reasons for being an agnostic. Apparently I'm not telling the truth when I say that it's because I genuinely don't know but because I'm afraid. Cheers for telling me what I think.

Agnostics don't have a sense of humour either.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
'sake. At least have the courage of your own convictions and not wimp out with "it was just a joke" line. And I thought us agnostics were supposed to be the cowards.

Aye carumba. Do you heckle this at stand ups?

Which bit of my thin sideways joke at agnostics do you want me show courage for? One day Buzzer you will have to realise that not everyone is as serious about everything as you are.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Aye carumba. Do you heckle this at stand ups?

Which bit of my thin sideways joke at agnostics do you want me show courage for? One day Buzzer you will have to realise that not everyone is as serious about everything as you are.

You really are a bottler when challenged.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor and when I die, I expect to find him laughing.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Sorry not to be argumentative, but yes, I would go along with that. But it is a fairly loose definition - albeit one I am happy with. I was thinking people might be expecting something a bit more specific........ but it would be the specific that would be difficult.

It's the "How can your God allow...." questions that exercise me, not because I want to steer clear of talking about them, but because it is unsatisfactory to do so on a forum like this.

So if that's you understanding of a god, when it's boiled down to those terms, does it not all seem a little ridiculous? "A supernatural entity that magically/mystically/spiritually interferes (for good or ill) in the events of one particular species on this one particular planet for a tiny, almost infinitesimal moment in time of it's existence"

That doesn't sound like something worthy of worship, something worthy of sacrifice, or something worth committing murder in the name of. It sounds, at best nonsense, at worst the kind of entity that should be hated, not loved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here