Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne Borough make the FA Cup 1st round

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know in the world of things it is not important but I will find out mate, I never remember Langney FC, just the other two, which is why their nick is still Sports to remember their past.

Were you around 52 years ago watching non league?
I wasn't even born so I can only go on what's online.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Were you around 52 years ago watching non league?
I wasn't even born so I can only go on what's online.

No, but I was heavily involved for many years in many capacities of County League Football and I know a few of those that started Langney (no FC or Sports to keep this real lol) which is why I am going to ask.

Edit: And I'm not doing this on oneupmanship I promise, I am doing this for my own sanity!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know in the world of things it is not important but I will find out mate, I never remember Langney FC, just the other two, which is why their nick is still Sports to remember their past.

image.png

From EB official site.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Actually mate he just sent me this message which makes me think County League onward I am right, it is all rather confusing...

Unless you count Langney & Friday Street Youth Club?
1f609.png
Langney FC was formed in 1964, but did not become affiliated to the Sussex FA until the following year. It became Langney Sports in 1968 ... and later Eastbourne Borough.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Actually mate he just sent me this message which makes me think County League onward I am right, it is all rather confusing...

Fair enough, but if Eatbourne Borough are stating they were formed in 1964 as Langney FC on their official site, I can only think they want that as part of their history.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Fair enough, but if Eatbourne Borough are stating they were formed in 1964 as Langney FC on their official site, I can only think they want that as part of their history.

I blame you for this!! I am in a whole conversation with my EBFC friend now! Haha

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
:thumbsup: You're welcome! :D

I think we can both be right on this mate. For my bad I always take histories from County League on, even though I spent 15 years in West Sussex Football League. They were Langney Sports when they hit the Sussex County League 3, hence my ignorance. I remember them beating us (EP) to the league when we (EP) weren't granted senior footie due to ground regulations. Ok I am stopping there, I am happy to see them through to the proper draw lol.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Dodgy sending off on 25 mins we hit post and bar and 90th min sucker punch goal .Well done Boro,The only plus point 16 year old Idris Kanu scored for us he is a great player who we'll lose for peanuts.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The only plus point 16 year old Idris Kanu scored for us he is a great player who we'll lose for peanuts.

Ha - you make that sound like he has developed through your academy - he only signed 8 days ago!

In fact, it is a very strange signing. He was with West Ham from the age of 11 (and appeared for the Hammers' U-18s against Albion as an U-15 schoolboy and made his debut for their U-21s at the Amex in November last year). He didn't sign a scholarship with them for this season (presumably because he turned it down, rather than not being offered one). He went on trial to Manchester United in September and scored 2 goals for the U-18s against Middlesbrough.

However, he trains with Aldershot for two weeks and then signs a contract to the end of next season (I see that Aldershot's assistant manager James Rowe was the Hammers' assistant academy director and that Rowe's father is Kanu's agent).

I would be interested to know what his thought process has been through all of it.

Edit: did a little googling and found this - it seems a little, er, murky...... - ExWHUEmployee Transfer Exclusive: Idris Kanu’s move explained

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Mate i added an L to their name, it's no big deal.
My post was really taking the piss out of the OP who has a pop at Whitehawk FC now and again.

I think you will find EB have actually had 3 names in their history if you want to play mr pedantic.
Apologies if I'm wrong
Wheres the 3 name change ??? They were Langney Sports and changed their name to Eastbourne Borough , that's 2 in my book Langney fc was when they were a park side set up by a youth club

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sorry don't class Whitehawk as a proper football club who spends ridiculous amounts on players but nothing on the clubs infastructure

I agree. The only thing I like about Whitehawk United is the large, unifying, genuine and deep rooted dislike for them in Sussex non-league circles they have.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree. The only thing I like about Whitehawk United is the large, unifying, genuine and deep rooted dislike for them in Sussex non-league circles they have.

Sadly, agree on Whitehawk too. Had a great history in the SCFL, they're not a non league club in my book nowadays. Just a play thing for Brighton money men.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
When's the 1st round draw?

Is there still the rule in place where if EB were to draw Sheffield United at home, they'd be able to request it got switched and played at Bramall Lane?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When's the 1st round draw?

Is there still the rule in place where if EB were to draw Sheffield United at home, they'd be able to request it got switched and played at Bramall Lane?

No they can't switch the tie, but they can host it at a bigger venue in their vicinity if necessary. However their ground holds around 4,000 which stacks up with a few League 2 grounds and National Prem, so that won't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here