Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Nicest Person in Football

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Diouf, Terry, A.Cole, Fellaini, Mourinho, A.Ferguson, S.Ireland, Odemwingie, J.O’Hara, N.Warnock, M.Bright, Leon Knight and the Oyston clan.

All that’s good about football.

That would make an interesting stuck on a desert island docusoap.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The nicest of the nice even have their own dedicated football club but you probably have to be extra nice to be able to play for them

1200px-OGC_Nice_logo.svg.png

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Indigo

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Diouf, Terry, A.Cole, Fellaini, Mourinho, A.Ferguson, S.Ireland, Odemwingie, J.O’Hara, N.Warnock, M.Bright, Leon Knight and the Oyston clan.

Dont forget Suarez, I'd hate to be stuck on an island or be on I'm a Celebrity with him getting hungry, would end up like Lord of the Flies/Alive

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
A vote for Pat Nevin,
Family favorite of ours, we were waiting outside SB autograph hunting as young kids with our mum, he rocked up in a battered old green mini, stopped and chatted for an absolute age, think we found it quite awkward to get rid of him in the end. Pretty sure we had to help him push his mini into the car park eventually.....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I met Paul Gascoigne once at a charity game. Proper gent. Had just read his book re all his mental health issues and the liggers who'd helped to ruin him. He signed it for me and I wished him the best of luck.

I was properly starstruck for the first time since I'd been a kid but he just seemed like a really nice genuine bloke (along with being the most talented English player I've ever seen).

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Add Lee Bowyer, current Charlton manager after Karl Robinson was fired earlier this week. The fight with his Newcastle teammate Kieron Dyer was farcical and the referee sent them both off! Also I don't think he'll sign any Asians.......

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Depends how you define nice ?

Football needs characters !

To some they aren’t nice but to others they are !!

I would prefer a thread about the most dam right nasty horrid person in football !

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Liam Brady for me.

I was part of the pitch invasion and told everyone to sit down in or near the centre circle.

Liam came out and asked us to move, and we said one minute, which we did.

I met him later at a Gull's Eye do at The Courtlands hotel, where I may tell you, we all gave Bellotti a round of applause.....

He told me the pitch invasion was correct, and he also tried to pick Nigel 'Bushfire' Erskin up and empty his pockets because he was fed up with Our Nigel ponsing drinks off him all evening......

For me, it has to be Liam Brady.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
When I was 11 years old (34 years ago) I had the amazing privilege of not only meeting , but also playing in a training match with the great Bobby Moore (I even managed to complete a one two passing move with him!!)

He was just everything you could ever wish your hero to be. Took time to really chat with us - gave us great advice and support both individually and as a group. Also remember him making the attending parents laugh

Very cherished memories- that I sometimes bore people with!!

Certainly one of those days in my life that I would love to experience again but alas.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Bobby Moore.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Liam Brady for me.

I was part of the pitch invasion and told everyone to sit down in or near the centre circle.

Liam came out and asked us to move, and we said one minute, which we did.

I met him later at a Gull's Eye do at The Courtlands hotel, where I may tell you, we all gave Bellotti a round of applause.....

He told me the pitch invasion was correct, and he also tried to pick Nigel 'Bushfire' Erskin up and empty his pockets because he was fed up with Our Nigel ponsing drinks off him all evening......

For me, it has to be Liam Brady.

Doesn't sound like Nigel :lolol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Blimey, a few candidates from our current squad alone: Bruno, Rosenior, Ryan, Izquierdo seems a really happy and nice chap too.

Calde, Benno and Nooney from the recent past too..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here