Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
http://m.sponichi.co.jp//soccer/news/2017/06/28/kiji/20170627s00002000392000c.html?amp=1

Some interesting comments from Genki Haraguchi in an interview yesterday.
He is keen to come to the Premier League but nothing decided yet.

Seems to say (poor translation) that he has learned in Germany to cut out a winger's habit of drifting out of the game and has been told by the likes of Okazaki and Yoshida that England is a step up from Germany for a player who wants to challenge himself.

I would say there's a good chance of a deal here.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
However, on PoliticsStandChat it's a battle to keep the interesting transfer speculation threads on the 1st page !

:lolol::lolol: All that utter nonsense needs to be moved to its own space on NSC. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Any chance this maybe reviewed. Most people come here to specifically discuss and catch up with Albion related news. Half the time it's just filled up with political borons.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
:lolol::lolol: All that utter nonsense needs to be moved to its own space on NSC. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Any chance this maybe reviewed. Most people come here to specifically discuss and catch up with Albion related news. Half the time it's just filled up with political borons.

You do realise that you are asking a man that has just started a poll on who likes coleslaw?:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll give them until mid-July...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
No signings, no problem. The transfer rates and wage expectations for the Premier League are now beyond those who have actually arrived in the Premier League. If arrival in the top flight is worth £170m, then with only a couple of signings and their wage demands a large working proportion of this is taken leaving little for anyone else including the owners/shareholders,other team members, improvements on infrastructure and the fans.
I can only agree with the current apparent strategy on signings and would rather watch those who want to be seen and put the effort in and not those who want to make a premier league contract as their goal. We will have to get used to a difficult season this year and accept that there is a great possibility that we may be relegated, but we should get behind the team and the management and enjoy whats coming our way. For this season I believe that 'bedwetting' should be banned, as we're all in this together, so lets start with a 1 - 0 win over man City!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like we have made one more signing than anyone else in the Premier League so far.

Sounds great until you think through that only three teams don't already have a Premier league squad, so we do have some ground to make up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's June. Murray didn't come to us until 3rd July last year.

I know, I'm just saying that we will be needing more players than most clubs so I would expect us to be signing more than other Premier League clubs.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sam Vokes is not a better striker than Glenn Murray.

I think Sam will get more goals than Glenn in the Premier League this season. Want a small wager on it? Loser pays £50 to REMF? :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maenpaa's contract with the albion is FINNISH tomorrow.

Will he sing ? ???

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sounds great until you think through that only three teams don't already have a Premier league squad, so we do have some ground to make up.

Could work in our favour, as teams with full squads may not recruit many more players.
The last 10 days will be more interesting, till then................procrastinate.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Another keep calm message from the club in today's Argus. I get the need to manage, where possible, supporter expectation but that's 3 or 4 this week along the same lines from the club in the argus and on the website.
Are the club finding this harder than expected?
On that basis nothing in for me until next week and I not counting any renewals. I hope to be massively and completely wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here