Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins does finally sign for Oxford United - what potential?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
From the glimpses we saw in his unfortunate time here, he looked very handy at this level. I wish him well, deserves a bit of luck after the horrific injury plagued time he suffered here. Far too good for that league but I guess with his injury record not many clubs wanted to take the gamble.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Does he come with his own treatment table? ??? The Oxford physiotherapist is going to have some long working days coming up:whistle:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Would he have been good enough for you not so far back when you were a shower, fighting to stay in the bottom league, in a ground equally as shite as the kassam?

Ignore some of our fans. I don't think he meant it in an offensive way but some fans don't remember the dark times!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Would he have been good enough for you not so far back when you were a shower, fighting to stay in the bottom league, in a ground equally as shite as the kassam?

Wow, I've never been there, but to compare your own stadium to Withdean: boy it must be shit.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That explains it. I think the club were trying to force him out at the time werent they?

Any truth in this?
From what I remember I thought the club sent him out on loan at the time, and this turned out to not be true, Hoskins wasn't happy at BHA and wanted to go out on loan.

It was a shame it didn't work out for him at the Albion and I hope he can stay fit, but it's also a shame that we wasted so much money on this player.

Feb 14, 2010
Oxford are another club who dislike us and there has been a sort of needle (I wouldnt go as far as rivalry). They are on the list of clubs with Luton, Chesterfield, Aldershot, Southend. The Oxford one went back to Worthing playing up there in the cup so I am told and then took off with the casuals. But as I wasnt at the Worthing game and I was never a casual, I never quite understood it ! I still take a random interest in their results and hope he does well for them.

Nov 27, 2009
Oxford are another club who dislike us and there has been a sort of needle (I wouldnt go as far as rivalry). They are on the list of clubs with Luton, Chesterfield, Aldershot, Southend. The Oxford one went back to Worthing playing up there in the cup so I am told and then took off with the casuals. But as I wasnt at the Worthing game and I was never a casual, I never quite understood it ! I still take a random interest in their results and hope he does well for them.

Worthing playing up there in the cup???? Did they....:nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pity they didnt sign him last week then he could have scored against Portsmouth last Saturday. Think Brezovan had trials there but not taken on now on a non contract at Portsmouth.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Worthing playing up there in the cup???? Did they....:nono:

Second round in 1982/83 (remember that was a good year for the cup in the southern part of Sussex). Oxford were top of Div 3 and on the way up at the time. Worthing did well to hold them to 0-0 at half time, but eventually lost 4-0. I remember bricks being thrown at our coach on the way out of Oxford. Never been back.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
A fit Hoskins will score plenty, just a shame he was injured for most of his stay here and he is still better than O'Grady

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We've had some soft in the head sicknotes over the years, Will Buckley being a prime example, but Will Hoskins has got to go down as one of the unluckiest players we've ever had, and when he was injured, you knew he was injured!

Never could I wish an ex-Brighton player as much luck (and thats all he needs) as I wish Will Hoskins. Brilliant player, and just a shame he was just so dam unlucky when he was with us. Still a little disappointed he never got a short term contract for the start of this season. With luck on his side, Oxford have just signed the best player in their division.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I hope he tears the league apart and gets back to a decent Level.

Must still be on fairly big wages. It's certainly a gamble I would be happy with if I was an Oxford fan.

Maybe similar to when we signed Paul Kitson.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here