Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, that one has most of the tracks from all three previous albums. Clearly, that's better value, but the downsides are that it could be overkill plus it strangely omits a key track from Souvlaki (When The Sun Hits) which is many people's favourite track. However, it's a fairly extensive compilation. I don't think you'll like the tracks from Pygmalion that much - they're like a guitar-based version of electronica with some elements of dub. If you want to keep it pure, go for Souvlaki; if you go for this one, be selective with the tracks or you may find it a bit "Meh" - there are some of their least interesting songs on that compilation.

You need When The Sun Hits. Just saying

Thanks.

I think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolute pleasure. I think we're saying go with Souvlaki and, if you like it, follow up with a compilation of their first 3 EPs. Avoid Just For A Day though - it's dreary.

There is a BETTER option, it turns out. This https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-A...=UTF8&qid=1495029269&sr=1-4&keywords=slowdive 3 CD box set, is 8p cheaper than Souvlaki (which is one of the three CDs included :jester: )

Now, whilst I'm getting all shop-mental, anyone have any thoughts on the new(ish) JAMC album?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Damage-Joy...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6R4ZRTKKBVHY2VDT4CMS

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
There is a BETTER option, it turns out. This https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-A...=UTF8&qid=1495029269&sr=1-4&keywords=slowdive 3 CD box set, is 8p cheaper than Souvlaki (which is one of the three CDs included :jester: )

Now, whilst I'm getting all shop-mental, anyone have any thoughts on the new(ish) JAMC album?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Damage-Joy...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6R4ZRTKKBVHY2VDT4CMS

Well, problem with that is you don't get the first 3 EPs, and you do get the first and third albums. The first album, as I've already said, is a bit lackluster and the third will probe the limits of how much eight minute noodling you can stand. However, you might as well, given the price. I can do you a CD of the first three EPs sometime, if you haven't already OD'd on Slowdive by that time. I haven't listened to a JAMC album since Automatic (which was quite boring). However, willing to give the new one ago, if it's any good.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, problem with that is you don't get the first 3 EPs, and you do get the first and third albums. The first album, as I've already said, is a bit lackluster and the third will probe the limits of how much eight minute noodling you can stand. However, you might as well, given the price. I can do you a CD of the first three EPs sometime, if you haven't already OD'd on Slowdive by that time. I haven't listened to a JAMC album since Automatic (which was quite boring). However, willing to give the new one ago, if it's any good.

Bought all three. Will report back on the JAMC in due course (next week). No autorip for that one.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Caught this lot first thing Saturday at the Great Escape. Great cure for a hang over and free badges and stickers after. Good tunes and vocally reminded me of Hefner.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Caught this lot first thing Saturday at the Great Escape. Great cure for a hang over and free badges and stickers after. Good tunes and vocally reminded me of Hefner.

Some kids having a bit of fun, playing nice guitars, bass and drums and singing a melody over the top. Certainly nothing wrong with that on a sunny day. Were they pretty consistent, or was this easily their best?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Some kids having a bit of fun, playing nice guitars, bass and drums and singing a melody over the top. Certainly nothing wrong with that on a sunny day. Were they pretty consistent, or was this easily their best?

Their set consisted of similar tracks all coming in at around the two minute thirty mark. They had a vinyl mini album for sale and releasing a further collection later in the year on the Alcopops record label. I think they were behind all the bands on that day. Kamikaze Girls who followed were also very good but a much harder sound.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Lovely Eggs playing 3rd November at The Haunt. Larger venue than normal but then they have sold out the last few times I have seen them.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Hey [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION], do you know about this one? Only 300 copies.

R-10190960-1493133011-3729.jpeg.jpg

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Views on this one:

https://youtu.be/k9OwVdZC57A

These boys have been around The Forum (TW) for a few years now, this is their latest outfit. They're good mates with Slaves and I guess that shows a little. Guitarist Alex does support the Albion and has attended games with me many times....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here