Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomori

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He's doing the business, and it must be brilliant for him playing alongside an ex La Liga veteran and an ex Bundesliga veteran. He's speed is ridiculous.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Sorry but in recent times,i cannot name any Chelsea English youth player getting a foothold in the the Chelsea team.We should offer to buy him..............if.....!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Good to see that those who backed him early on had their faith justified. He will be a great player. I'm hoping it's with us

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Must admit, that first game against Lincoln I really wondered what on earth he is all about. At CB though he is outstanding, he needs to get a bit stronger and bulk out a bit but what he certainly has is pace, he also won a lot of balls in the air yesterday. Would love to sign him for a year.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
His attitude and work rate and footballing ability for a loan signing was top class and maybe Akpom should take a few DVD's home with him over the summer and learn from him
Have him back in a heartbeat and had a stormer yesterday

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sadly centre half is the one position we are not short in and as we can only have 2 loans in the premier league it seems unlikely he will return to us.

He is an incredible prospect though at centre half.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Sadly centre half is the one position we are not short in and as we can only have 2 loans in the premier league it seems unlikely he will return to us.

He is an incredible prospect though at centre half.

I wouldn't agree necessarily. I you need four good centre backs in the premier league. There are question marks over Goldsons fitness and I think he will be going out on loan if he can play to the standard he was before. I think the position is vital especially given Uwe and Dunk have no experience at that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I wouldn't agree necessarily. I you need four good centre backs in the premier league. There are question marks over Goldsons fitness and I think he will be going out on loan if he can play to the standard he was before. I think the position is vital especially given Uwe and Dunk have no experience at that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean but we have 4 contracted Centre Halfs already ( good ones), plenty of work to be done elsewhere in my opinion.
goldson is back running and im sure will be ready for pre-season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How much would Tomori set us back? Clearly a PL player in the making. Despite having Dunk/Duffy/Goldson and Hünemeier to pick from, we will have injuries/suspensions and cup runs to consider!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
How much would Tomori set us back? Clearly a PL player in the making. Despite having Dunk/Duffy/Goldson and Hünemeier to pick from, we will have injuries/suspensions and cup runs to consider!

10 million ? ....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know what you mean but we have 4 contracted Centre Halfs already ( good ones), plenty of work to be done elsewhere in my opinion.
goldson is back running and im sure will be ready for pre-season.

What chance do you give us of moving to a back three/five next season. Again, I really am unconvinced that we'll play 4-4-2 all the time next season, and that does raise the question of whether we want to switch systems regularly, or want to concentrate on one (and perhaps adapting slightly within a match depending on how it's progressing, what the opposition is doing, etc), which is what we've done this season. The latter makes recruitment far easier than the former. Playing a back three/five also builds on our strengths, which is at CB, and if we do play 3 CBs, Tomori would shine in my view, a little like Azpilecueta (sp).
I'd be delighted if we announced Tomori and Abraham on season-long loans early. True, this will seal our loans, but they're exactly what we need, and adapting to what the loaning club and players want will enhance our prospects of getting them. That shouldn't be the reason for switching the system, but I can see a lot in favour of it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What chance do you give us of moving to a back three/five next season. Again, I really am unconvinced that we'll play 4-4-2 all the time next season, and that does raise the question of whether we want to switch systems regularly, or want to concentrate on one (and perhaps adapting slightly within a match depending on how it's progressing, what the opposition is doing, etc), which is what we've done this season. The latter makes recruitment far easier than the former. Playing a back three/five also builds on our strengths, which is at CB, and if we do play 3 CBs, Tomori would shine in my view, a little like Azpilecueta (sp).
I'd be delighted if we announced Tomori and Abraham on season-long loans early. True, this will seal our loans, but they're exactly what we need, and adapting to what the loaning club and players want will enhance our prospects of getting them. That shouldn't be the reason for switching the system, but I can see a lot in favour of it.

Sure if we are thinking about a back 3 then another centre half is required, it would be a massive break from the norm for Hughton to change to a back 3 though just can't see it.

I'd rather we grabbed Loftus-Cheek and Abraham of Chelsea if i am honest

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
While I'd love to have Tomori, I'd prefer a CB with a little more Premier League experience to help ground and guide the back line if it needs it. I think if we were to get in a slightly more experienced Premier League CB, we'd be a bit stuffed in the position. However, someone with a little Premier League experience in the back line generally, maybe filling one of the FB roles we need fulfil that need for experience. Probably not Pocognoli though, who I believe only has about 16 games, although several seasons in the WBA squad.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Would love to sign the lad but he won't come cheap, he's clearly got a great future ahead of him and even £6/7 million quid could be a snip for what we could sell him on for in a couple of years or if we get relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here