Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Riverside) Mike Dean

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Was Mike Dean wearing them, when he decreed it a YELLOW card, stood five yards from the incident (before spinelessly caving to the opinion of someone 40 yards away, and fan pressure)?

it being 'fan pressure' is total conjecture on your part and perhaps the ref asked for the opinion of his colleague and there would be no point in asking for another opinion if you were simply going to ignore it if it didn't back up your initial interpretation of the incident. also, he pulled the card from his pocket and held it behind his back without looking at it. isn't it possible, just possible, that the pulled out the wrong card initially?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
it being 'fan pressure' is total conjecture on your part and perhaps the ref asked for the opinion of his colleague and there would be no point in asking for another opinion if you were simply going to ignore it if it didn't back up your initial interpretation of the incident. also, he pulled the card from his pocket and held it behind his back without looking at it. isn't it possible, just possible, that the pulled out the wrong card initially?

They are different size cards so that the referee doesn't make that mistake.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Every professional player in the world would have gone in to win that ball. It's his job.

All that shows is be seeing his leg into Stephens. It was never a red and I don't think it was a yellow, as he won the ball and his studs were not up at impact. You forgot to show that photo..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At the start of the game my wife asked me who the ref was. I told her Mike Dean loves giving cards and penalties and was bound to have an effect on the match. Sooo predictable, the sooner this buffoon is put out to grass the better.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
All that shows is be seeing his leg into Stephens. It was never a red and I don't think it was a yellow, as he won the ball and his studs were not up at impact. You forgot to show that photo..

Sorry, [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION], that is not targeted at you but @pavillion.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

a lot of these being worn at the moment i suspect

View attachment 74438

No they're not. Listen to the pundits as well! They all think it is debatable at best. Was it rash of reckless? Was it excessive force ? Was it intentional ? No, no and no. People are bitter because the goal had signalled our time in the match. This single big decision changed the whole perspective of the game. We may not have gone on and won it but we might. The sad fact is we will never know.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given that we'd just equalised and given we had most of the possession after the red you have to wonder what might have happened.

Alrhough Boro seemed to sh1t themselves for the whole of the second half I thought their defence was superb.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Given that we'd just equalised and given we had most of the possession after the red you have to wonder what might have happened.

Alrhough Boro seemed to sh1t themselves for the whole of the second half I thought their defence was superb.

Yes ..there defence was..its been all season

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

What are you on about. The slow motion and photographic evidence shows that Stephens won the ball. The Borough player comes in from the side and gets caught by the trailing foot. Both feet are off the ground. Barely a booking but the way that Dean was influenced by Ramirez rolling around on the floor, knocking the yellow card out of his hand and showing a cut that would have been protected if he was wearing shin pads, was a disgrace. Maybe didn't cost us the game but clearly a massive blow to our play off chances. Will be appealed and rejected to protect the Premiership ref. disgrace in such a big game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here