Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very angry that we appear to have been let down by our own security services with this one.... We put pressure on Muslims to shop wronguns to the police and in the last 2 incidents this HAS happened and not been dealt with? The geezer was even filmed in Regents Park with an ISIS flag ! What hope do we have if we don't even deal with the obvious ones?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Very angry that we appear to have been let down by our own security services with this one.... We put pressure on Muslims to shop wronguns to the police and in the last 2 incidents this HAS happened and not been dealt with? The geezer was even filmed in Regents Park with an ISIS flag ! What hope do we have if we don't even deal with the obvious ones?

Not entirely true. Manchester OB have no record of any calls to them about Abedi. I wouldn't trust the local Muslims who claim they did. It's not credible I'm afraid.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The book of Revelation is "apocalyptic" writing, and the average Christian would not take it all literally. It's a million miles from "turn the other cheek" and suchlike, which is the main message.

What Muslims will remind Christians is that because Jesus in their view is God, and from the Old Testament God ordered Moses to slaughter all the men, boys and female non virgins from the Midianite tribe and took the females as sex slaves. Today we would call this genocide and this is pretty mush what Muhammad did to the Banu Qurayza tribe from Medina.

How do Christians get around this problem?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What Muslims will remind Christians is that because Jesus in their view is God, and from the Old Testament God ordered Moses to slaughter all the men, boys and female non virgins from the Midianite tribe and took the females as sex slaves. Today we would call this genocide and this is pretty mush what Muhammad did to the Banu Qurayza tribe from Medina.

By not advocating doing this sort of crap any more?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not the definitive translation of that verse though is it? Now, you may argue that 'wage war' can be interpreted in a hard way (military warfare) or a soft way (not believing, spreading the word of other Gods, spreading the virtue of cultures fundamentally at odds with their own), but I guess that's the nature of this particular beast.

Quran 5:33- “The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement”

Yep Muslims will only mention 5:32 which is plagiarised from the Jewish Talmud anyway. By avoiding to mention 5:33 is deception.

Babylonian Talmud : “Therefore the man was created singly, to teach that he who destroys one soul of a human being, the Scripture considers him as if he should destroy a whole world, and him who saves one soul of Israel, the Scripture considers him as if he should save a whole World.”

Quran 5:32: “Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

Quran 5:33 cancels out 5:32 with a loophole because anyone spreading mishief can be executed so this net can be cast as wide as the beholder wants it to be.

https://discover-the-truth.com/2016/04/18/surah-532-sanhedrin-talmud-plagiarism/

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The next verse 5:33 goes on to exhort the slaying of non Muslims...

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who believe not in Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Now. I'm not a Muslim scholar and I use the pictorial version of the Quran but it seems quite clear on this. There are at lest 110 verses in the Quran which exhort dreadful violence against Kuffar.

This maybe true, but then why doesn't every Muslim murder, crucify, chop of the hands and feet and/or imprison those who don't believe in Allah?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

by ignoring the old testament when inconvenient. a pox on all their houses.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The geezer was even filmed in Regents Park with an ISIS flag !
Is it currently against the law to have or hold an ISIS flag? Can we currently lock people away for years for having the flag? I think the answer is no, in which case, what are we supposed to do?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
This maybe true, but then why doesn't every Muslim murder, crucify, chop of the hands and feet and/or imprison those who don't believe in Allah?

Threat of jail? More likely that most Muslims choose to ignore the more juicy bits of the Quran. I am also pretty sure that most Muslims are decent, law abiding and compassionate human beings.

My issue is that mainstream Muslims will often try to deflect any and all criticism by claiming that their faith is one of peace whereas, actually, their prophet was a war monger, murderer and sex case.

Exposure of the dark heart of Islam makes them very uncomfortable as it would mean their necessary abandonment of their entire cultural identity and acknowledgement that everything they have ever been taught is falsehood. That is highly destabilising. Better to ignore, deflect, cover over and obscure.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am aware of that, my point stands anyone can take bits and bobs twist and turn it anyway to suit your own ends.

Religion is particularly vulnerable to distortions, because it's already been twisted from the get go.

Fair enough ..... and I agree

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can I politely suggest this topic is renamed to something more accurate and appropriate?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it currently against the law to have or hold an ISIS flag? Can we currently lock people away for years for having the flag? I think the answer is no, in which case, what are we supposed to do?

Making it illegal to wave an ISIS flag would probably be quite acceptable to most people. Defining it as treason could make the available penalties significantly heavier too I guess.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What would you suggest?

Reaction/discussion to the terrorist attack at London Bridge?

An "incident" is what happens outside a nightclub, or at Falmer station after an Albion match. It isn't the premeditated murder of 7 or more people.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007

By putting their fingers in their ears and going "lalalala Jesus is completely different to the God of the OT lalalalalala nothing to do with Christianity lalalalala it's the Jews really lalalala".

Once they realise that they don't even need to go to a building on a Sunday and be all happy clappy in order to be a decent human being then we'll be another big step forward.

P.S. I do respect the fact that churches do much good in practical and charitable terms and I respect peoples' rights to religious freedom, I just don't see why you need to read a 2000 year old book to work out being nice to people is a good way to live.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

By not advocating doing this sort of crap any more?
It's a good question. If you believe the bible is truly the word of god, then why the hell shouldn't Christians still do those things?

We want a solution to the problem of radicalising Muslims. It seems to me that the Quran really does call for the murder of non Muslims, so when you have a large number of devout Muslims, it can't be difficult to call on them to do what god asks them to do. If Christian priests can believe in god, but accept that the bible is not correct, then can the same happen for Muslims (re the Quran)?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Threat of jail? More likely that most Muslims choose to ignore the more juicy bits of the Quran. I am also pretty sure that most Muslims are decent, law abiding and compassionate human beings.

My issue is that mainstream Muslims will often try to deflect any and all criticism by claiming that their faith is one of peace whereas, actually, their prophet was a war monger, murderer and sex case.

Exposure of the dark heart of Islam makes them very uncomfortable as it would mean their necessary abandonment of their entire cultural identity and acknowledgement that everything they have ever been taught is falsehood. That is highly destabilising. Better to ignore, deflect, cover over and obscure.

This is key IMO.

We should be trying to differentiate and understand why most Muslims are decent, law abiding and compassionate human beings who choose to ignore the more juicy bits of the Quran, from those Muslims who are ***** who who chose to blow themselves up at concerts. Being Muslim isn't the difference is it?

Why are most Muslims compassionate human beings?
Why are some Muslims absolute *****?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here