Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading v Fulham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very happy that Reading are beating Fulham. If Reading win the play-offs then they and not us will be the weakest team in the PL next season. Our chances of staying up will undoubtedly improve.
I'd agree, were it not for the bouncability of your post.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Fulham only made play offs because Leeds f***ed up.
Did well to get as far as they did but when the pressure was on they were too tentative.
Cairney best player in average Fulham side.
Left foot midfielder next to Stephens please..

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Desperately sad for Fulham, although if Reading make it up they will get absolutely smashed. As much as Cairney is one of the highly rated players in the division, I wonder if we should be looking at Johansen. Played very well tonight I thought and my Fulham mate raves about him. Fredericks could be fantastic at right back and I think Aluko could still do a job in the Premier League. Fulham are a very decent team and we should be looking at who we might be able to nick from them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think too many underate Jaap Stam. He has done an amazing job at Reading this year, just like CH did for us last season, and if they go up he will no doubt be splashing the cash. I wouldn't bank on them being the worst team in the Division, they already play in a style that will suit the Premier League.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Desperately sad for Fulham, although if Reading make it up they will get absolutely smashed. As much as Cairney is one of the highly rated players in the division, I wonder if we should be looking at Johansen. Played very well tonight I thought and my Fulham mate raves about him. Fredericks could be fantastic at right back and I think Aluko could still do a job in the Premier League. Fulham are a very decent team and we should be looking at who we might be able to nick from them.

I thought Aluko was absolute pony tonight.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I think too many underate Jaap Stam. He has done an amazing job at Reading this year, just like CH did for us last season, and if they go up he will no doubt be splashing the cash. I wouldn't bank on them being the worst team in the Division, they already play in a style that will suit the Premier League.

Spot on imo...He cuts an impressive figure and did a brilliant job in his first season as a manager not an assistant.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Gutted. Love Fulham away whereas Tinpot away is absolute shite in comparison.
Despite Wagner would now like the Terriiers to go up in preferance to MASSIVE or Tinpot.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On the one hand I like Fulham as a club and dislike Reading. But how long could we keep on getting battered by Fulham and still nick wins?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

But can't play it as they would like to because their pitch gets ruined by rugby.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
On the one hand I like Fulham as a club and dislike Reading. But how long could we keep on getting battered by Fulham and still nick wins?

What... the same way they battered Reading over two legs and couldn't beat them once. I've had weeks of Fulham fans telling me how Brighton committed daylight robbery and stole six points off them. I keep hearing what a great footballing side they are and if only they hadn't missed so many penalties, they would have been pushing for automatic. One Fulham fan said he still couldn't believe they didn't win the home leg 3-1 or 4-1 and they would take Reading to the cleaners at The Mad Stad. Dream on.
The facts are....they are a good footballing side but naive. Under pressure they don't defend well. They look a million dollars zipping the ball around, with Cairney pulling the strings but they are lightweight. We only had to go up a gear for 2-3 minutes at Craven Cottage and about 15 minutes at home and they couldn't cope. Mentally, we are stronger than them and so are Reading.
The keeper made a great save from Kermogant and Swift missed an absolute sitter. Al Habsi played well but most of his saves were solid not spectacular. Reading were superbly set-up by Staam, defended well and deserved their victory. Fulham have to go back to the drawing board. For all their pretty football, they lack the ruthless touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here