Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Times change, and they move on.

seagullsline85-87.jpg

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Maybe Tony Millard couldn't handle working 24/7 anymore?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's the number for Albion information, every day, 24 hours a day...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Just brought my memory of Dial-a-disc back - for those too young to remember, it was just awful, nothing else you need to know....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You've called the Seagull Line on Brighton 8049
That's the number for Albion information every day 24 hours a day
The Albion lost their home match against.......in front of crowd of 7,278

How times change...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Remember Mum and Dad gave me a £5 phone card to call home from university early 90s. Blew it all in 1 call from Hall of Residence to the SL instead - premium rate meant my card credit disappeared faster than the Argos catalogue. See kids, you don't know you're born! The cost of staying in touch with the Albion back then meant a choice between going hungry or calling Tony Millard. Tony won everytime!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Remember Mum and Dad gave me a £5 phone card to call home from university early 90s. Blew it all in 1 call from Hall of Residence to the SL instead - premium rate meant my card credit disappeared faster than the Argos catalogue. See kids, you don't know you're born! The cost of staying in touch with the Albion back then meant a choice between going hungry or calling Tony Millard. Tony won everytime!

Yes - but did we win?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes - but did we win?
I think we'd just signed Raphael Meade, he's got speed. It was all downhill from then until the noughties!

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire

Crikey - I remember when it was free. (at least I think it was free - never got into any trouble with mum for outrageous phone bills).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Crikey - I remember when it was free. (at least I think it was free - never got into any trouble with mum for outrageous phone bills).

You were lucky, I remember my dad doing his nut, when the phone bill came in.
8049 plastered all over it, it read like a church hymn board, but on a bigger scale, got a thick ear for that :lol:

It was a "normal" phone number originally and if you had the right BT package you could nominate 10 or so numbers that would be free. When I got my first house and phone line guess what one of those number's was?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep! You could tell within the first five seconds how Albion fared. Positively orgasmic if we won, matter-of-fact if we drew, and absolutely funereal if we lost. The wonderful voice of Tony Millard.

You were lucky, I remember my dad doing his nut, when the phone bill came in.
8049 plastered all over it, it read like a church hymn board, but on a bigger scale, got a thick ear for that :lol:
he he, them were the days when a thick ear meant something too. 2nd only to a papercut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here