Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He said that Bruno was fit but the player himself decided not to play against Leeds. He could have been lying obviously but surely one of him or poco will be back for the Blackburn game.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Yes. Even if Bruno doesn't make it, Pocognoli could return to the side, and Rosenior could then switch to right back. Tnat would give the defence more of a balanced look. Frankly I'd rather see Tomori on the bench than starting games.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Based on Chris's past behaviour, I'd guess it will be Rosenior with Seb on the bench. Bong has been out so long I'd expect him to play an U-23 or two (if there are any left) before making it into the squad.

This, although don't rule out a Poco start soon as we've got three games in six days coming up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Liam playing (at least) one game at right back before the end of the season. Chris doesn't like rotating defenders during a game, but we might see it between games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This, although don't rule out a Poco start soon as we've got three games in six days coming up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Liam playing (at least) one game at right back before the end of the season. Chris doesn't like rotating defenders during a game, but we might see it between games.

Of course, there is always the possibility of the [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] selection:

.......................Stockdale
Bruno........Dunk..Hunemiaer.....Bong
Rosenior..Stephens..Kayal..Pocognoli
..................Murray...Baldock

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Of course, there is always the possibility of the [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] selection:

Imagine Villa away on the last day, needing a point and that line up comes out

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Assume CH keeping things close to his chest on fitness ready players.

Ok. So this is what he said today. ie: he gives a running commentary before every match of every player who is out and where they are.

"Seb and Gaetan have trained in the last couple of weeks and they are both available, which is really good news.

"Bruno is okay and Vegard came away with us, got some really good training under his belt. He's a very experienced player."

"[Kayal] had a slight bout of tonsillitis with us the week before, was fine, went away and then it was on the other side, so they sent him away from the team, but he's fine. He trained Monday, Tuesday and today as well."

I really don't get this idea that Hughton "lies" or doesn't come clean about fitness of players or that he shouldn't for tactical reasons or what advantage that possibly gives us anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Imagine Villa away on the last day, needing a point and that line up comes out

Hopefully by the last day, that could be:

..........................Stockdale
Bruno..........Duffy......Dunk........Bong

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton and the club have done a great job in recruiting the planned and emergency players bearing in mind the unknowns throughout the season and the timeframes he has had to do it in.

Even then we got really thin on choices with Dunks suspension, Goldson's problem, going through two left backs and Bruno pushing it to his limit. Getting hold of Vegard was a smooth operation when we became desperate. It looks like we are all in good shape for the final 760 minutes of football.

The big fat lady is running her bath.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The press conference when this sort of issue is discussed is tomorrow.

Our well loved cycle hating hack with have the answer to that tomorrow.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

only because Hunt's out on loan..........

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Not as outrageous as many may think actually. We already know that Liam can play in midfield if necessary, and with Seb's forays forward from the back, I fancy that he could do a job there too.

Especially in games when not being beaten is the primary aim.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Errrr, have you been following these announcements at all this season? Means absolutely nothing. Would not be surprised at all to see 2 or 3 of those players mentioned to be out.

Yes. Probably too obsessively for my own good and this isn't what happens. He might not pick em all which is different given he has a squad of 18 and now multiple full backs but if you're implying it's all a mind game. It's not.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Why? It is accurate. We see reports on players being fit or ready all the time a few days before games and that does not mean anything. It is probably to throw other teams off the scent which is fine, I am just telling people to not get their hopes up too much that all of them will be perfectly fit and in the squad. Let us hope they all are but I am saying it would not be a surprise if they are not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It looks like we are all in good shape for the final 760 minutes of football.

The big fat lady is running her bath.

Hopefully only 360 minutes (or 330 mins :wink: ) at the AMEX.

Better make all of them count with a Calderón of noise.

We don't want talk of a drum to rear it's ugly head, again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That team would never be picked at home but I can see it in an away game in a must not lose situation with Knockhaert and March on the bench to be brought on if needed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here