Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am coming round to thinking that Newcastle

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A couple of months ago Derby were on fire (seven wins in a row) and everybody was saying they may challenge top two. A few weeks later Reading were on fire. After that it was Leeds, then Sheffield Wednesday. Huddersfield are on a great run but will suffer a dip, just like everybody else has following their charge.

Let's just concentrate on ourselves. We won't win every game but let's hope we've seen the back of our dip.

That's what my experience is telling me, everyone has these hot streaks, we just need to keep calm and keeping doing what we've been doing all season.

That said, I'd quite like Huddersfield to go up so long as it's not at our expense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sky offering 9/2 for Albion not to go up via any avenue. Bookies still feel confident we will despite our play-off record.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I really, really want to believe you - and think in all likelihood your are right - however, all I can think of is Burnley this time last season, when we all kept saying, "they will have a dip, their form won't last", etc.... we all know what happened next!

You must have missed Burnley's dip......it was in November/December when they had an eight-game stretch of WON 1 DREW 4 LOST 3.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£10 placed on Newcastle in play offs. I may, or may not, thank you in April.
Well obviously you probably won't. But it's a lot better than betting on them to win the playoffs.

If I get my arse in gear I'll be spread betting on Huddersfield's points total, and maybe ours too.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You must have missed Burnley's dip......it was in November/December when they had an eight-game stretch of WON 1 DREW 4 LOST 3.

Nope, I am fully aware of Burnley's dip, then equally aware of the run they went on after that - Huddersfield had their dip a bit earlier from October 16th to December 3rd, where their record over 8 games was WON 1 DREW 2 LOST 5 - since then their record is an incredible WON 11 DREW 1 LOST 1 - very Burnleyesque!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

I don't fancy the chances of any team in the play offs that has had a top two in it's grasp, only to lose it at the death. The play off winners will come from a team that has settled for a play off spot as their only expectation. Hudds/Bton/Newcastle all have higher expectations.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The parallels between Burnley and this Huddersfield team aren't really there. Huddersfield started very well then had a dip then stormed back up to where they now found themselves. Burnley came from way off the pace and strung an unbelievable run to get to where they finished. Add to the mix that Burnley had in effect the same squad and manager in place who had got promoted 2 seasons previous.
I will be extremely interested to see how Huddersfield manage off the back of a couple of poor results. Lets hope their poor results start to materialise!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here