Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would anyone take 4 points from the Burton + Ipswich games?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We really are in a sorry slump if we don't win on Saturday.

I think we've got a great chance of 3 points though, so not over worried.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anything less than a win v. Burton would be very disappointing and result in some busy launderettes in Sussex on Saturday night....

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
6 for me all the way, others are closing slowly. We want to keep this buffer and looking at the next few matches our nearest and dearest have a quite a few easy to win games, on paper.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I had to go up to the Amex this morning to get my own match ticket for Burton. Not too many away fans according to the server so I decided on the south stand for a rare view from that part of the ground. One game at a time and all that. I think Saturday will be scrappy and a 1-0 or 2-0 win.

Ipswich will be a bit more open and a better match IMO but I still expect a win.

Six points and we're on our way before all those bloody Yorkshire trips.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Albion should win both but we all know football has a habit of kicking you in the teeth when you least expect. Ipswich are still a tricky side who were 2 up against Reading and Burton are fighting to stay in the Championship under a clever and thoughtful manager. You'd hope that after yesterday, the players have learnt that if we only play for small periods of the match we could be in for nasty surprise. We got lucky yesterday. From now on we need to play from the first whistle to the last.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
This. McGoldrick is back from injury, and together they make a dangerous pairing. Note that Lawrence remains on 9 yellows: one more at the weekend will see him banned for our match. Skuse went off injured Saturday, for info.

We should have the quality to see off Burton comfortably. A positive start and get plenty of ball to Knocky and Solly, please.

PG

Yes I had noted the same. They have villa at weekend so we can hope for a yellow. He seems to score spectacular week after week at the minute. Certainly seem slightly better since the window but Skuse wont be a loss for them. Moreso a positive.

For me, I am travelling from my home in Ipswich so am hoping for a win, much like Norwich at home :) It cant be any worse than portman road this year.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'd accept 4 with no injuries or red cards, solid performances and two clean sheets.

Only Leeds have picked up more than us at home in their last 6 home games, only Newcastle and Barnsley from their last 6 away games.

Home and away Newcastle and Huddersfield (3 points), Leeds (2) have made up ground but have had more home games.

Having said I'd accept 4 points now, I'll be surprised if we don't get 6.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
We really ought to be looking for 6 from these 2 games.
I prefer our fixtures to Toons, Wolves(a) then Norwich(a). Latter have improved lately, 3 wins on the bounce(4 if you include cup win away to Southampton)..

Actually, they have a tough Feb/March:

Wolves(a)
Norwich(a)
Villa(h)
Bristol City(h)
BRIGHTON(a)
Huddersfield(a)
Reading(a)
Fulham(h)
Brum(a)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here