Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson approached by Albion

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
1) If we do get relegated, he knows League One very well.
2) He may know a few lower league gems that Burke hasn't found on Football Manager yet, who could come in fairly cheap, and with a point to prove.
3) It'd piss of Franchise.

I'm all for it.

:lol:

3 has a flaw! The Moo camp could possibly replace us in this division :moo:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
His eyes are too close together, based on that scientific evidence I'm out.

Karl Robinson yesterday:
karl robinson.jpg

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
True, although I would be worried he may be a little out of touch with the day-to-day runnings of a football club. We need someone to come in and hit the ground running. There are some very good candidates being linked to this job now. Beggars belief that Hyppia got the gig in the first place.

I think the board became very excitable over the prospect of a Liverpool legend arriving at the Amex. They were probably all dreaming of Sami securing some of the top Premier League rejects, along with a few Liverpool prospects (which seemed to end with Tex). They believed Sami's reputation would go before him and players would give everything for a guy they held in such high esteem.

Unfortunately, they also forget that at some stage Sami would actually have to pick the team - and the tactics....

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Could be time for a new song, people:

And here's to you, Karl Robinson,
Jesus loves you more than you will know.
God bless you, please Karl Robinson.
Heaven holds a place for those who play,
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Pretty good, I know, thanks

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Could be time for a new song, people:

And here's to you, Karl Robinson,
Jesus loves you more than you will know.
God bless you, please Karl Robinson.
Heaven holds a place for those who play,
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Pretty good, I know, thanks

Too religious.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
This is a BRILLIANT move but it won't happen. My sister says there is no way on earth he is leaving MK Dons soon.

Lets hope your sister is right, Smug, dull as ditchwater under achiever that believes his own publicity. I'd rather have almost anybody else...........

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Haven't had the chance to read this entire thread, and if you'd asked me two hours ago, I'd have been entirely against Robinson, for reasons stated in numerous previous threads.

But the more I think about it, the more I wonder if it might not be a punt worth taking by the Albion.

-he's gobby and annoys other teams. We haven't had one of those since Poyet left.

-he's another young manager with no stellar playing career to speak of (never played league football). Eddie Howe & Mark Warburton seem to be doing alright.

-he seems to favour bringing young players through, which fits with the Albion plans and investment.

-his sides score loads of goals, which seems to be working for Bournemouth & Brentford this season.

-he's worked with Sam Baldock before and rates him, so there's every reason to hope he could get the best out of him

-he's known for playing decent football (I'm not sure we have the necessary giant players to fit, say, Tony Pulis's tactics)

-the fact he's done alright despite never having played League football suggests that actually, his motivational and man management skills may be rather impressive. I bet he gets players really wanting to play for him.

Obviously now I've come round to the idea, he'll turn us down, that pretty much goes without saying. Or the McDons will reject any approach. Twunts.

I think that's where I have got to. Initially I was underwhelmed with him being linked but I can see that he would bring he brand of football we want and is probably at the level of development in his career where he can grow into he role well without being a total risk as he has managed for some years now. Suspect we would need to get rid of Jones and bring his coaching team with him. Like Poyet did, he should be allowed to use his people.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The only positives I can find is that he made Baldock (& Chicksen by all accounts) look very good. Admittedly in a division below however if we play to their strengths, who knows? Other than that he always comes across as remarkably arrogant considering MK Dons have failed to get promoted a few times now, don't think he is who we need at this moment.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
What makes makes having a punt on this guy any better than Nathan Jones?
And I must add I am not a Jones fan, but truly can't understand why you would bring him in when in my opinion we have his equivalent already here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here